Weird & wonderful prayer flag

I made this flag for @Kwality570 in the OWS swap. This is also my advertisement to join the upcoming prayer flag swap! Follow the discussion thread. I am opening sign-ups this week!

20 Likes

I love this so much!! What a wonderful collection of colors, textures, and words!

3 Likes

Thank you! I originally did not plan that many layers, but I just kept adding and rearranging. It was so much fun!

3 Likes

You are a true inspiration! this turned out so great and you’re definitely a wizard when it comes to layering and combining textures to make a great finished piece. When you asked for rick rack in the OWS, I had no idea what anyone would use it for these days, but this is a great example. It definitely adds an oomph of character and texture!

How do you manage to get the fraying so even on the fabric pieces?

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! I get the fraying even by first ripping the fabric along the grain and then pulling the threads to further fray them.

2 Likes

p.s. I LOVE rick rack! I want to add it to everything all the time. It is hard to restrain myself. The project I am making for @jemimah has a dash of rick rack. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Super pretty. Perfect for your partner while still being signature “you”. Nicely done!

1 Like

Beautiful! You’re a fabric artist, for sure.

2 Likes

Beautiful. Love the way you varied the color of the text too.

2 Likes

This is so happy and wonderful!

2 Likes

This is so sunny and gorgeous! And …

… can’t wait to see it! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is just delightful! Layered and colorful, but not too much so. And YEY RIC RAC! I love that stuff, too.

3 Likes

I never knew there was such a love for rick rack! I have a bunch of vintage stuff that was my grandmother’s. I sent MightyM the only still wrapped ones I have in the OWS, but there are plenty of partial packs left. Maybe I should challenge myself to use some of it!

3 Likes

There are so many possibilities! Check out these Pinterest projects.

4c45bbcd9736ac2c59f3cdd9bdc976ce

209a41c33091cf1cb973a65c652d78eb

2 Likes

The prayer flag swap is finally open! Link to sign-ups here.

1 Like

Rick rack is fun, and it’s a great addition to this flag! Very pretty!

3 Likes