What are you crocheting?

Geekgirl, those sloths are not amigurumi…they serve a purpose and are tiny and cute! I guess the amigurumi I like/dislike depend on who makes them for me. I love EVERYTHING you make for me! :heart:

I crocheted an octopus for hubby for Xmas, at his request, and I just don’t like making things that don’t serve a purpose. I was railing against it at every step. I also like things that are quick to make, immediate gratification.

Oh boy. So many things! I just finished a baby blanket. I’m actively working on a neckerchief and ear warmer set.
Those colors and patterns are so beautiful!

1 Like

Today I am making a scarf out of scarfie. Then I have a shawl to finish. I am trying to organize myself to work though some of the yarn stash …give the yarn some space to breath, ya know? LOL

2 Likes

I am working on a WIP that was found in the sunroom at my grandparents house. My mum was clearing that out for my grandad so he could use the ramp from there into the backyard and found a disintegrated black rubbish bag full of yarn (which was is perfect condition despite the bag it was in having perished). She thought she’d ask me if I wanted it (and of course I said yes). I didn’t know what was in there when I said yes, but I found this inside!

Its a ‘swinging vest’, pattern from 1972. I have only continued with the easy bit so far, but I have to start the decrease on the other bits now.

1 Like

I have not done any thread crochet in a long time it felt like, and I saw a cool pattern on Pinterest that I really liked - lwispweave snowflake

I have been making some of these lately - using a pretty Aunt Lydia variegated size 10 thread, lavender, and blue - oddly enough, I never thought about white.

I also like her other, similar design - The wispvale snowflake - so I may make that next

3 Likes

They are so lovely in those colors! I am glad she charted her snowflakes…it is a lot easier for me to work from a chart…one of her stitches looks like a tiny mouse…ha ha…looks like a fun pattern to use up the HUGE bag of crochet threads I inherited from my mom…

I can’t work off a graph if it has complex stitches - I am much better with the written rows. But check out her blog - she has some lovely snowflakes and I think I am going to make a few more of her designs.

1 Like

I did check it out! I collect snowflake patterns…I dream of making enough to hang in my foyer during the “winter” months since we don’t get snow here…

3 Likes

@mellybelly81 That is so cool! What a find.

Beautiful, @Onyxnox. I love snowflakes!

I went to Good Will, oh probably a year ago, and was looking for thread yarn and regular yarn. I came out with a bag of twenty different crocheted snowflakes that only needed blocking! It was an amazing find that I’m hoping to put up in our windows this next winter!

2 Likes

Finished my scarf!

2 Likes

Here’s my latest crochet creations:

These are for a charity named ‘Project Robby’. Each set consists of a blanket/hat/angel wings. The sets are donated to hospitals to give to parents of infants that were stillborn or born too early to live. The parents can use the sets to keep, to use for photos with their child, or to bury their child in. I plan on making the small ones you see and go up to the largest size they accept, and then starting again.

A baby blanket for DH’s coworker:

Mugrugs as gifts for my DDs mentors:

(one side)
(other side)

1 Like

What a special gift for grieving parents. :blue_heart:

I love a good mug rug!

1 Like

I’ve been busy:

Mugrugs, both front and back:

And some items for Project Robby (charity):

I really like all your mug rugs, @LadybugsAndBees!

I recently tested a pattern for Nerf Herder Knits. It’s a Mickey pretzel pillow!

The original pattern also has some ‘salt’ stitched on, but I prefer an un- or slightly salted pretzel, personally. Also, my only brown yarn was pretty dark, so it’s a chocolate pretzel.

I’ve also been crocheting a bunch of baby hats. They’re probably what I get asked about most at markets/bazaars, and I never have any, so I’m stocking up now while my baby nephews are still perfectly-sized baby models.

4 Likes

They are adorable! The hats are awesome, too! :smiley:

2 Likes

I did this up for our recently finished ensuite.

I wanted something to cover the tissue box that did not match my colour scheme, but wasn’t going to be it’s own statement.

3 Likes

Thank you for the compliment, and the hats are so cute!

1 Like

Hi, my daughter’s birthday was Sunday. I am broke so decided to dig in the dusty craft closet and pick up the crochet hook again. Made her an Eevee (Pokémon) Amigurumi. Forgot how much I enjoy creating things. IMG_20200330_141717

4 Likes