What are you crocheting?

I am working on a giant cactus dolly/toy/interactive thingy that was sort of an accident but I liked where it was going to I’m gonna get it finished soon!

6 Likes

I’m working on an awareness blanket. I put it down for a couple months for Christmas stuff but I want to get it done and soon. The sitting around a hospital waiting for surgery is giving me plenty of time to work on it!

1 Like

I made a couple of simple amigurumi recently. I’ll be starting some wash clothes soon.

6 Likes

Beautiful colors!

1 Like

OMG I cannot wait to see what this might look like!

I just signed up for the Moogly CAL for 2020. Haven’t don’t any crocheting in a looong time. Still have to buy yarn. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This sounds interesting.

I hope surgery goes smoothly and healing is fast.

The bunnies are too cute. How did you do the pink? is it stitched or glued?

I had to google this. That’s a really cool idea.

1 Like

I still need to finish the edging on that baby blanket that I started 2 years ago - I had made up a twisted rope-like edging for an earlier incarnation of this blanket that I really liked, and I thought I wrote it down, but can’t find my notes. In the meantime I am doing a new pattern to me of some thread snowflakes right now with a steel hook. My hands are cramping up terribly with it because I tend to hold my hook so tight.

I really like those dishcloths - nice texture!

1 Like

I have to see this!

Oh, man. I hope everything is okay. What is an awareness blanket? One good thing about knitting and crocheting is that you can do them anywhere.:+1:

Super cute! What pattern do you use for wash cloths?

Don’t forget to stretch! I always wait too long and regret it later.

I hate when I can’t find (or never made any) notes. :woman_facepalming: I’m so curious about your edging. Do you have any photos handy?

It’s just a blanket where the one stitch looks like the awareness ribbon kinda. You chain 15 then the next row when you sc into the chain you twist the chain to make it look like the twisted ribbon. The one I"m working on is for childhood cancer related.

2 Likes

Oh! That’s awesome!

@bananaleg

3 Likes

Thanks!

I have about 10 WIPs that I just can’t seem to bring myself to finish (a few blankets, a cowl, a few others). I started on something that could be for a swap (you’d get why it ‘could be’ if you saw it). I love crocheting and starting things. I really need to make something besides the standard triangle shawl thing… I’ve made what feels like 9 gazillion of them (Edlothia, Lost Souls, Lost in Time, Secret Paths, Virus Shawl, Granny Triangle). Oh hey! Are y’all on Ravelry? I’m cabaute there (I know, super creative, everywhere le sigh). I’d love to follow others !

1 Like

I just finished making 5 baby sloth amigurumi

I use the lion brand cotton bon bon yarn to make them. 1 bon bon is enough for 1 sloth with a little left over so now I’m using the leftover bits to crochet a cleaning cloth.i love cotton dishcloths but hate using them for really dirty stuff so this is being made for exactly that purpose.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I gave the first blanket away - it was essentially like a twisted scallop.

The main afghan looks like this - but in white with gray centres

But the edging I wanted to do was off this afghan I made

Maybe I will go with the lacy edge again… but again, that is one I kind of made up/adapted at the time - but I think I actually put some notes on that edging in my blog post!

3 Likes

I love the Moogly blog and have learned so much for them. I’ve seen a lot of CAL that cost money, but I trust Moogly to put on a good free event. Plus, I tend to go overboard with my crochet projects…doing ten in a row!!! So I figured doing two blocks a month I won’t lose my crocheting mojo…but won’t go overboard. Bonus! I have a blanket to either gift or keep at the end!

2 Likes

I’m not very active, but I am on ravelry. I’m bananaleg over there, as well.

1 Like

What a great use of those bon bons! I got two packages as gifts years ago and for the longest time I didn’t know what to use them for b/c the amount of yarn was so small!

1 Like

That was before I realized how much you hated amigurumi. :no_mouth:

6 Likes