What are you knitting?

Well done, SheepBlue! They came out so pretty! If you want another mitt pattern to work up, this time using cables, I’ve made several pairs of these and really liked them.

Yay, new knitter!

4 Likes

I do that as well to prevent laddering…I use markers to make sure I get back to the place I need to be…it has really improved my knitting.

4 Likes

Those are pretty! These are easy as well even though they look like lace and complicated!

Lacy Mitts

I am still working on my socks…

5 Likes

They look beautiful!! I’m so impressed - looking forward to seeing what you’ll knit next :smiley:

Everyone is knitting such nice things! I’m enjoying looking at all your projects, but it’s a bit hot down here in the southern hemisphere to knit much atm. I’m sure I’ll be joining in before too long though :yarn:

4 Likes

Nice job @sheepBlue, they look awesome! I once read some funny but true advice on knitting a while ago that’s stuck with me, something like, “if you can’t see the mistake while riding by on a horse, then don’t worry about it.” I don’t ride ride horses :joy: but sometimes if i mess up a stitch pattern or drop a stitch, I think, no one on a horse is going to care. :+1::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

:rofl: I forgot a yarn over on my blanket, but I left it. Nobody would ever notice it from a horse. :laughing:

3 Likes

Precisely! :wink:

1 Like

That is excellent advice!

1 Like

I just started working on a hat for myself last night.
My husband when he saw me working on a hat: “Don’t you have enough hats?” Me: “This one’s going to have a pom pom. I don’t have any pom pom hats.” Him: “Fair enough.” :laughing:

6 Likes

Haha!!

We moved to the warmest part of NZ, so I really don’t need a lot of winter woollies anymore. But I still love to knit so much. Hubby is unfailingly encouraging of my creative stuff - but he does raise his eyebrows a little bit when he sees me casting on yet another scarf/shawl…

3 Likes

There’s never enough scarves or shawls! :star_struck:

4 Likes

That’s my feelings on it!

1 Like

Amen to that!!

1 Like

I am also in a warmer area and am trying to figure out what to do with the three bins of knitted items I brought with me…Most of them will probably be donated to friends up North but we do have some “cold” days here, so I rock a shawl and mitts and hat during those days…doesn’t everyone do that when it is 50 degrees outside? ha ha

I am also exploring new yarns…silks and bamboo and lightweight cottons…I am going to knit even if I have to knit bikinis!!

4 Likes

Perfect! haha! :bikini::sparkles:

1 Like

I finished and posted about the rainbow blanket I was making! It’s the last one.

Now I’m working on my twin nephews’ baby blankets. They turned 11 months a week ago, so I’m hoping to be finished by the time they turn 1 1/2. :joy:

Their 3 older brothers all have the same type blanket with different color schemes. The twins’ will match except one will have light grey, one will have dark grey. I had them “pick” which grey they wanted. Luckily they both grabbed at a different one. :grin:

This is my current on-the-go project.

I took it with me when I finally saw ‘Rise of Skywalker’ on Sunday. At a pretty crucial moment in the movie, I found out the stitch I had dropped but thought I had fixed right away ~the round before~ had dropped 7 rows. After I fixed that, I realized about 20 stitches were shifted on the round before. So I tinked that whole round. Then, on the way home, I saw this little guy. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Solids are so unforgiving… :pensive:

1 Like

I started this sweater about 6 months ago. It’s my first attempt, I’m using a raglan top down pattern but modifying it for my own ideas. I got a little nervous about whether it would work out and set it down for awhile, but finally picked it up again this week and put the sleeve stitches on holders (more circular needles :grimacing:), and started knitting the body.

5 Likes

That is a cool way to do a sweater!

2 Likes

Looking good! It feels so good to finish a sweater! Look forward to seeing it finished.

2 Likes