What coffee are you drinking?

Here too, costco has a great price.

1 Like

I buy my coffee from a small roaster (the best young hippy couple, it’s all fair trade and small batch from farmers they have gone to meet) here in town.
We made our own dark blend out of their options to hit the flavour notes we were after. A blend of Indo-Sumatran dark roast and an Ethiopian French roast.

We use a burr grinder and a basic drip machine. Unless it’s the second daily round and i use the French press. Some days I add a spoon of chocolate mushroom powder

If im out and about if im treating myself, a local cafe does a great coconut mocha.

3 Likes

That sounds really good!

I love my local roasters but I drink so much coffee its pricey!!

2 Likes

It’s no 7$ tin of folgers that’s for sure.

But we hit the place in life where quality matters, in beer, in coffee, in shoes etc. And I’d rather spend the extra on something we will absolutely enjoy. Rather than skimp on something that will… Just do.
#firstworldprivilege

5 Likes

We used to be coffee roasters, so I am a snob, lol. But ya, the good local stuff gets pricey. And then I don’t like it as much as ours so it doesn’t feel worth it. Like I said: snob!

4 Likes

I started drinking decaf, by choice, for better health over 6 yrs ago. Never thought I could after 20+ years of drinking regular coffee. I had even advanced to drinking black sometimes.

No, it’s not easy to find good decaf but the best beans are Arabica (it’ll say if it’s Arabica coffee on the back of the bag) versus robusta. Also, you can look for Columbian decaf because all Columbian coffee is Arabica.

Years ago, I wrote an article for the website I Need Coffee titled Arabica ~vs~ Robusta: No Contest. I started reading and writing for the website around 2006, when I was still a regular coffee lover. The owner, Michael Allen Smith out of Seattle, is a coffee connoisseur. He began to have serious health problems from drinking 6 espressos a day.

His situation was what led me to take the plunge and stop drinking regular coffee. I knew that I wanted to continue drinking coffee and as often as I wanted to throughout the day. It was not espresso that I was drinking but I didn’t know what health problems I could develop through drinking the quantities that I liked.

When we make a choice and kick a habit, we feel like we can do anything!

3 Likes

Decaf can benefit those who want to reduce caffeine while still getting the benefits and taste of regular coffee!

I only drink about two cups of regular coffee a day. A big cut back from when I was working and drinking about 10 cups a day! Occasionally, I will have a coffee after dinner, but my sleep is not affected by caffeine (or anything else, for that matter!).

I used to like strong Turkish coffee but it was usually sweetened with way too much sugar.

2 Likes

I used to drink 6+ cups of regular a day too when I was working full-time and raising my son. Cutting back and altering diet for the better in any way is good.

2 Likes

Ohhh, I love coffee!!

I have my own grinder and barista-type machine at home.
I currently love Bear Bones branded beans (that is what I am currently using), but I am really keen to try to grow and roast my own!

I also love tea as well. I have come chamomile seeds to grow as well. I am just running out of garden beds to grow things.

2 Likes