What I like about the site

I love this!!

3 Likes

I like that topics where I’ve read all the posts are greyed out and new topics, or topics with new replies, are black, so I can see at a glance where there might be new action.

5 Likes

I like this too. :slight_smile:

That is a good one!

I love this too! On C*******r I would only see certain projects in the featured section, but now it’s much easier to discover cool things I would have missed unless I searched them out.

6 Likes

@Immaculata. Here is the story…let’s see if this works:

6 Likes

Eep!! I’m so glad someone mentioned this as a positive! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I know it’s a major change for veterans from the site, but it really is a spectacular change overall.

In brainstorming and researching for the new site’s navigation and layout, I bribed kindly asked 9 friends to go to the old site for the very first time ever and provide me feedback. Every single one of them were completely overwhelmed. Three of them referred to it as a CNN screen – 3 out of 9 (meaning, they didn’t know where to focus their eyes). One referred to it as Times Square. :exploding_head:

We needed to dehoard a bit! :broom:

13 Likes

I love hearing about the inception of our home. Tell us moarrrrrr! :laughing:

5 Likes

Fresh eyes looking at something is a very positive thing in the business world as well…when I am stuck on something, I hand it to someone else…you at least listened to the feedback with fresh ears…

The new combined with the old is a great blend…fun and familiar and also looking forward to the future…plus…all the cuteness…and glitter…

8 Likes

Ok, that makes total sense. If we’re heading straight for the off-topic threads, we should probably be going to some other platform anyway!

3 Likes

I created Lettuce Head with one adorable member in mind specifically. This what I think she would look like if she were a vegetable. :smile:

lettucehead

17 Likes

I am still finding my way around - but so far, I am SUPER happy that we have a new crafting forum home. I also love that we can scroll down for messages and no waiting for new pages to load… and happy that there are no ads (at least for now - not sure if they will be needed to maintain the site in the future or not).

2 Likes

I like the fresh new look, although still working my way around.

But most of all, I like that it’s ad-free.

7 Likes

Where should I start? (BTW, geekgirl, what an awesome idea for a thread!)

-The fact that it is here! The energy, the sacrifice, everything that was given by the founders of the site, just because they did not want to lose the community. :heart:
-The name of the site! I’m having fun making up bad puns around it…like if the founders are “heads of lettuce”, are the members “lettuce leaves”? :grin:
-I love how we can type in the emoji we want and it shows up! :exclamation:
-The tutorial in the beginning. It helped a lot and I think will prevent a lot of people from having trouble navigating the site. :robot:
-All of the things (the “levels”) you can achieve on the site. I received my certificate last night for completing the tutorial and I was over the moon! :star_struck:

I’m sure there is more, but here are a few things to get me started!

Level 1 people should be seedlings, surely. Perhaps level 2 would be leaves, and level 3 could be seed heads, spreading their creativity?

I finally logged in from my phone, and got to experience the joy of just adding pictures without a million steps to get there! :green_heart:

4 Likes

Hi. How did you post pictures from your phone.? When I try and reply with a picture it only allows me to take a new one but I don’t only want to show the finished article, I want to use an in-progress one that is already on my phone. Thanks

1 Like

When I click on the little picture with the landscape at the bottom right of the reply box, it gives me a few options. The second one allows me to pull from my library of photos already on my phone.

1 Like

Ok. I think I can find it. Mine doesn’t show anything like that . There’s a picture icon at the bottom but when I select it I get asked to allow Samsung Internet to record audio which is not at all what I’m after. But I see I can also choose something from my files so I’ll try and work it through that.
It’s probably my phone being different . Many thanks

1 Like

Oh, I LOVE the option for the mobile version to upload photos straight from the phone… in the web version of Craftster I always had to upload my photos from the phone to my cloud, download to my PC (somehow have to find a direct link to download straight to PC) and the upload… This meant that I was quite slow in posting photos for the Little Visitor Swaps…

Question / improvement suggestion: Is there a way to have a “friends list” for users? If not, would that be something you’d consider? Not immediately of course?

You might want to start a new topic on the Feedback category about this. Otherwise it might get missed by the mods. Would be a nice feature!

5 Likes