What I like about the site

There are too many great features to mention, but I really enjoy the drag and drop. So much easier!

And the adorable critters…yay.

3 Likes

Honestly, maybe this death and rebirth is the best thing that could have happened to our community. This website is a LOT better than the old place and it seems to have been a wakeup call to many people (me included).

14 Likes

Hear, hear! The old saying “you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”, or til it’s scheduled to soon be gone. Not that we didn’t love and appreciate it, but I and many others took its very existence for granted. Often we have to go through the hardships and be pushed to make changes, and though the future looks uncertain there is something amazing waiting to appear.
We’re DIY kinds of people, so rolling up our sleeves and taking ownership of what we have is going to build something even better; it already has, for that matter.

5 Likes

I’m with you 100%! I use to check the old site on my cellphone, and it was doable… Yet it was very, very clunky. Everything is so much easier on the new site!

4 Likes

Haven’t posted yet (this is my first!!!) but super relieved to see drag and drop photos!!

5 Likes

Hi! New here but happily redirected from Craftster. I’m so happy to see so many familiar Mod Squad faces, so happy to hear it’s more mobile friendly (though I haven’t tried yet on my phone), and relieved, frankly. I’ve been asking for a mobile version (or an app) since 2012. While it was nice to still use my old html skills and such, I’m really looking forward to a fresh, new format with tons of yummy new content for me to dive into!

OOOOH! and TAGS! The search-i-ness should be much improved in this way!

6 Likes

Something I just noticed - when typing a reply to someone’s post, their msg will refresh and update if they edit it as you are typing your post. That is useful.

2 Likes

That’s nifty.

Love the clean look
Love the drag and drop photos
Love my friends most of all

6 Likes

I know it’s a “duh!” thing to say, but I like EVERYTHING about the new site! Honestly, I can’t be more specific. Everything I look at, every new thing I notice (and I’ve just mouthed “Wow!” a half-dozen times while reading this one thread!) and all the features I’ve read about but haven’t had a chance to try yet. I haven’t even got into the project forums yet!

Wait, @discobot has a second tutorial, you say? I’ll be right back.

9 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

7 Likes

Cool you can get discobot to roll dice!

3 Likes

Thanks, @Wulf for pulling up that info- I haven’t done the advanced tutorial, yet. Now I know how to find it!

Right now, I’m loving that I already finished my first crafty project of 2020. And it’s because of this site. The ease of which I can check out other projects and be inspired, the ease of which I can post my own projects, is serious motivation. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

3 Likes

Someone shared the advanced tutorial info…
@ discobot start advanced tutorial
(just remove the space after the @)

I love that if I click on a topic that I’ve read before, but it has new replies, it will take me to where the new posts begin! Very convenient for following active threads!

6 Likes

Everyday I find some new feature that is really cool. :slight_smile: I also love the ideas of polls and the discobot dice rolling and other fun goodies are awesome. :slight_smile:

@discobot roll 2d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 2, 2

2 Likes