What to do with masterboards... bookmarks & greeting cards!

I love masterboards, they are such fun & interesting artworks and making them is an exercise in pure creative freedom. I tend to knock out a lot of them at once but then I’m very sad when they’ve been all used up & are gone so I took the last 2 batches to a copy shop & made colour copies of my faves. Cut up & laminated, they were perfect for bookmarks

& card sets

The smaller the pieces, the more magical they look. It’s incredible!

17 Likes

They are all gorgeous!
And photographing or scanning your art to be able to use it multiple times is what I love to do too.
One of these days I’ll have to make myself a batch of masterboards.
(Knowing me, it will become a batch of batches of masterboards, lol.)

1 Like

I also love using them to make cards. The textures and layers are my favorite thing! I have been lucky to receive some and they fascinate me!

I also like the one of a kind aspect of them.

1 Like

WOW! Great way to use your masterboards and copies of. Esp love the cards.

1 Like

So artsy! When it comes to materboards, I need to get over my it’s-too-wonderful-to-cut mindset.

1 Like

I just love those cards!

1 Like

Maybe it’s easier to get started if you’ve got a copy to cut?

2 Likes

The magic happens when you cut them up! Then they really start to look amazing. I personally think they usually can look like a hot mess when they’re whole & can’t wait to scissor them into something pretty.

2 Likes

Last time I made some I made color copies also - on full sheet sticker labels. Then when I cut them up for cards I just peeled and stuck. No glue/tape needed.

3 Likes

I did sticker sheets as well, pricier but no gluing!

Great tip!

I save a piece of each masterboard in a journal with notes on what was used and stuff…the notes are pretty useless, really, since most are just created with whatever and no two ways alike! I just like having a piece to look at from time to time.

2 Likes

Why have I never thought to scan my masterboards??? :woman_facepalming:

Best idea!! And the sticker sheets! :exploding_head:

2 Likes