Wheel of the Year 2022

Anyone got some ideas for this full moon? I know it was last night, but we’re not going to mark it until tomorrow. Activities? Questions? Crafts?

Full moons are for letting go of things that don’t work for us. And the pink moon is all about seeds and planting. I think a fire or candles while doing a small planting would be nice.

But these wire nests with egg beads would also do!

1 Like

Excellent, I like those, thanks my lovely xx

1 Like

I’m not active in this craftalong, but I love the moon and have been following along and being inspired.
The Jewish calendar is lunar, so each holiday is always at the same moon phase each year.
On Friday we celebrated Passover. After helping my brother get his kids in the car, I walked back home and glanced up. The moon was full and surrounded by a beautiful halo, so I took a moment just to look at it and think of you guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t know the Jewish calendar was lunar! I feel like there was a whole gap in my knowledge there. That’s really wonderful.

I love you thought of us under the light of the full moon, after leaving your family celebration. It gives me all the feels. And thank you so much for dropping in a comment. Sending you ALL the mooney love!

2 Likes

I made a spring, green nest and a copper, mother/maiden/crone.

I like they turned out a bit messy.

3 Likes

I have been forced to take a swap break due to work demands so I missed this! We observe the wheel of the year in my household! I really need to catch up here!

1 Like

I haven’t been crafting so much lately so I don’t have much to share yet but I did hike to a hidden labyrinth last Sunday that you guys might like?

3 Likes

I aggressively feel this. I feel like I’ve been in a pinball machine, lately. It’s so good to see you! That labyrinth is amazing! And huge! How did you hear about it?

We have a simple, local one made out of bricks, so nothing like your big boulders.

1 Like

Theres a worldwide labrynth locator. No boulders, but some are gems!

2 Likes

Yes! I love this! (I love finding ones not on the list too!) We had one at my old job at Electronic Arts right at the end of the campus that I really loved. It was a great way to recenter.

1 Like

I love these so much! I love labyrinths but I haven’t crafted anything with it. These are so inspiring! I especially like the top and bottom ones because it appears like there’s a tactile way you can trace the path of the labyrinth with your finger. Like a meditative fidget toy!

1 Like

I love how labyrinths are meditative and embroidery can be meditative. Did you end up getting the punch embroidery set? I’ve been wondering about that craft.

Yeah, I’ve actually had my punch needle for awhile, but never broke it out. Apparently, the cloth is important? But I have some of that, too. I think it’s monk cloth? It needs the wider weave.

Apparently, I enjoy the crafty hunt more than what comes after.

1 Like

@wittychild told me about this thread on punch needle

2 Likes

Happy Beltane, friends. I am sending light, creativity, and well-being to you all.

My hoya bloomed in celebration

5 Likes

Many happy returns, there is a tradition in this area to put flowers on your doorstep for may eve. Ours went out late! But they were there for part of the day.

2 Likes

How long have you been in your new house, @Edel ? Is this the first year?

I read through the comments in the link, and liked this one:

From where I come from in Ireland the month of May ( or in Irish Bealtaine) is pronounced B-YOWL-TINNA, not Bel Taine

and I was also intrigued by this comment:

Indeed, the Celtic calendar had only two seasons, and May 1 was the first day of summer – the first day of the ‘season of brightness’ that would run until the Samhain (November 1st), the first day of the ‘season of darkness’.

I like the Season of Brightness. And having light until 8!

1 Like

Yes, in Irish it is pronounced that way.

We are just over a year in this house, we moved in middle of march. It’s great, we’re really happy here and there’s a bedroom for you when you come to visit :grin:

2 Likes

Today, I learned from my favorite blogger the small crescent at the base of your thumbnail is called “lunula” or “little moon”.

All of us carry little moons with us every day. Sending everyone peace and light.

JC

4 Likes