Wheel of the Year 2022

My first daffodil bloomed today as well!!! And the birds are very talkative the in mornings.

Are there particular days that work better for you (for the collage class)? Maybe a Sunday?

3 Likes

Sundays are best for me, probably a couple more weeks out, but just hit me up whenever!

1 Like

I just found this craftalong. We spent the day wandering around the woods here in Connecticut. We had icy snow last Saturday and it was 70 today. The woods are barely waking up but we found a new, less traveled trail today, it was so lovely even if there wasn’t much green yet. My daffs are just poking up, but the crocus are cheerily spotting the yard.

And the moon is glorius!m Here’s a little song

Where is the Moon song.

Where is the moon when the moon is new
It’s a sliver on the right growing bigger every night
Where is the moon when the moon is round
Rising as the sun is going down
Where is the moon when the moon is waning
Fading to the left 'til there’s no moon remaining

Music and lyrics by Becky Reardon (2001)
www.beckyreardonmusic.com

6 Likes

We celebrated the moon, three of us and it was nice enough to be outside with a fire. We had some meditation and did a little candle magic, it was lovely

4 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

1 Like

I have been so remiss with this thread. I will update this week, but until then, I am sending everyone love and light.

4 Likes

Ostara came and went and I dropped the ball. Or would that be egg?? anyway, moving forward.

Beltane is May 1, but celebrations begin the night before. It is traditionally celebrated in Ireland, Scotland, and The Isle of Man asking for protection to animals, crops, and people. Big bonfires are held and used to relight the household fires for a new year. It is a time of rebirth, fire, and passion. It is a time to honor the sacred feminine energy and celebrate mother goddess. Call upon your ancestors for wisdom and guidance. Plant a tree, bush, flower, or even vegetable native to your region. Or maybe a small container garden specific for the celebration.

I have a fondness for May Poles, as the weaving is mesmerizing. Maybe I’ll do something involving weaving.

What questions would you like to ask your ancestors? How can the past help guide us into the new season?

1 Like

Also, I forgot! The full moon arrives before Beltane!

April 16 (full Moon): Pink / Sprouting Grass / Egg / Fish!!

1 Like

I am trying my skill at meditation/mindfulness. I know it’s something you get better at, but I really struggle with focus after 8ish mins. Suddenly, I had an ah-ha moment!

I want to make something like this, as a finger labyrinth

We have walkable one in my town, and I really enjoy it. So, this might be fun. and mount it on something. maybe just as a pillow. nobody would be the wiser.

My first impulse is to embroider it, but I’ve been wanting to try punch needle for a while. So I might try to figure out how to make that little sucker work.

2 Likes

There was no ball too drop, it’s ok to celebrate the ones that you can, life is hectic so even a nod in the direction of the others when you’re busy is perfectly ok.

I like the idea of your embroidered maze. It could be really meditative. One thing I’ve found really useful is a free app called insight timer, there are hundreds of guided meditations, music, etc on there. I regularly go to sleep to a sound bath

2 Likes

I’ll have to check it out!

My favorite blogger has a 30 day meditation camp I am thinking about getting. We’ll see.

Are you doing a bonfire for Beltane, @Edel ?

That labyrinth embroidery is amazing! I did some clay ones ages ago, but maybe it’s time to revisit that idea…

1 Like

Oh! I would be interested in what that looks like! Did you coil the shapes around?

Extruded clay would be much faster to a deliverable item to fiddle with,

I did a couple carved ones & at least one with adding a coil to a flat slab of clay. I think I’d start with tracing out something on paper and then pressing the lines into a slab this time, or maybe doing a sgraffito version for visual as well as textural contrast…

Tho now I’m thinking of doing a small (2 or 3 circuit) version with actual walls like a box. :thinking:

2 Likes

We probably will do a fire, we usually do and my husband loves a bonfire. Or bone fire as they call if where he’s from. It’s always a bit weather dependent here, of it’s lashing rain, I’ll settle for a candle!

2 Likes

I love the practical magic, edel.

A candle will do just fine.

I’m so glad you described this, because I was definitely thinking way more rudimentary.

Looks like I did 3 different takes:

5 Likes

These are gorgeous.

2 Likes

That first one is my favorite!! I love the small little valleys! It is perfect for finger tracing!

I genuinely love this. Wow.

The second reminds me of an artifact. And the third would probably be the most functional. This is definitely making synapses fire.

1 Like