Where the Wild Cranes Are

Number 4 was released at ballinasloe railway station.

14 Likes

I love this pic. It hits all my marks. Old buildings, trains and odd angle photographs

3 Likes

you mean that that’s not the angle you see the world at? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It is. That why I like to see it represented. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I set one free in front of a pub just around the corner. It’s in Cologne-Nippes in Germany and the pub’s name is Kuen (a popular place around here).

12 Likes

Just an FYI for those who have been waiting for a package. The last of the addresses have been mailed. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Today we went hiking with the kids. Emma and I set one more crane free at the entrance to the forest near a dairy farm.

This is in Burscheid in Bergisches Land. It’s a popular hiking and mountain bike region because of its mountainous forests.

13 Likes

Was able to get out on an impromptu family adventure- getting pumpkins!

Left a crane in the pumpkin “patch” at the farmstand. It’s a beautiful Fall day here and the joint was hoppin’!

12 Likes

Received my allotment today! Now to find spots for them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really love these, they have such character

1 Like

Statue of ‘Rusty’, at the Factory, Franklin, TN.

I dropped this beauty off yesterday. I’ve been meaning to leave one there, but every time I’m nearby, it’s been raining. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny, 70 degree day. The Factory is a former stove factory, that has been turned into a mixed use space that includes boutiques, unusual restaurants (like a Korean/Soul Food fusion place), a black box theatre, convention rooms, and a thriving farmers market. ‘Rusty’ here was built with pieces of equipment and machines that had been in the factory in it’s previous life. He stands 20’ tall. (More facts about him can be read if you click on the pic.) After dropping him off, I went inside for about 10 minutes. When I came back out, the wild crane was already gone!

15 Likes

Love this… Awesome drop.

2 Likes

I set another crane free this morning…

This is one of Cologne’s medieval town gates, the Saint Severin Gate, and a much used square, Chlodwig Square, where people gather every day to eat and drink. It’s one of the public squares where we celebrate street carnival and where the very famous carnival parade on Rose Monday (Monday before Lent) starts.

When I came back after my doctor’s appointment the crane was already gone!

12 Likes

Made my first drop today!

Left it in the sculpture garden by my apartment where I take Charlie for his walks. Patchogue, NY

Now I just need to figure out good places to leave the other 3.

13 Likes

A bunch of cranes landed here today and I’m already plotting where to release them. At the moving statue near my work for sure…

It’s rained a lot today so I didn’t bring one with me tonight when we went for a ride.

3 Likes

I made my first art drop. Art on art…

This is ”Festplats för Träskafton”, a celebration place for a made up holiday. The white things are supposed to be meringues (not :poop:) This is outside the tram station in Vega, Haninge, Sweden.

Close up on the crane.

Part of the information sign.

11 Likes

With a little help from my friends this one was released:

Gröna udden, Kungsängen, Sweden. :sweden:

10 Likes

I want to show the remaining ones that I’m going to abandon/release. :slight_smile:

I think I’ll manage to place almost all of the six cranes I got in different muncipalities. I might double up on the one I live in for practical reasons. Most will end up in suburbs/nearby cities to Stockholm. We’re actually (kind of unexpectedly) driving to the west coast of Sweden next week so I’m thinking of leaving one on the way there if we find a nice place and one will be dropped off when we get there. There’s a neat sea monster statue on the square in the small town were going to. It might need some extra art.

10 Likes

I 100% support Sea monster, drops!!!

4 Likes

My first drop! Well, technically my husband’s. He’s visiting his parents in Iowa this week so I sent a couple cranes with him.

This is at a park in Sheldon, IA (a tiny town of about 5000 people in northwest Iowa).

11 Likes