Which Way Is Up? 4x6 Abstracts

For the recent 4x6 art swap, I made some abstract paintings and then couldn’t decide which orientation I liked best :laughing:. So I left it up to the recipients to choose their own adventures.

I also borrowed their photos from the gallery, because apparently I didn’t take any shots of the finished products :woman_facepalming:t2:.

Sent to/photo by @jemimah

Sent to/photos by @Smmarrt showing off a couple of orientation options

Thanks for looking!

25 Likes

I love it when abstracts are beautiful no matter which way you look at them! The colors are also so beautiful together!

1 Like

Super cool! Love them colors and all the details. Can you say a little about technique? In particular, I’m wondering how the organic, map-like lines happened. Love them!

1 Like

I put down the base colors of paint (the purple and turquoise) and then outlined some of the interesting shapes in gel pen. Pretty sure I picked that up from an Alissa Burke class.

3 Likes

I really like the effect of the outline, it makes these cards pop!

1 Like

I love these! The colors are excellent and the white plus signs and pops of gold just make the whole thing sing!

Did you use a palette knife or credit card to apply the paint? Excellent technique to out line the interesting bits.

1 Like

I like them!
They look like maps to me. I see mountains and rivers and lakes and houses (the crosses).

1 Like

I really like this color combo. Such a great concept as well!

1 Like

These are so cool! I really love my one, it looks like a map of an alien planet to me :space_invader:

1 Like

You know, I never registered them as maps, but now I can see it.

I’m pretty sure I used a card, possibly with a brush to get all the edges, etc.

Thanks, everyone!

2 Likes

These are really striking.

1 Like

I really like these!

1 Like

The first one looks like a camping scene to me

1 Like

These are beautiful!

1 Like

:paintbrush: :paintbrush: :paintbrush: Congratulations! Your art is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :paintbrush: :paintbrush: :paintbrush:

1 Like

Woohoo! Thank you.

These are lovely!

1 Like

Nice! Your composition on these is really striking! I love the color palette too. Beautiful.

1 Like

The colors are beautiful. It reminds me of land around lakes seen from a plane. That’s the beauty of abstract, they can be anything!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like