Whiskey Barrel Box

I decided to make another table decoration for the celebration of life event I’m helping to organize for a dear neighbor.

He loved a western theme and most years in July he would throw a fun western party/cook out/potluck at his house. So a few of use have put together a potluck picnic to get together and remember him. I’m not much of a cook, but I do love to decorate!

I think these will sit on a little table near the “entrance” with this hat/box and some flowers and a nametag station should people who were in his different circles want to make it easier to mingle with the folks they don’t know.

I cut this with my Cricut Explore using files from svgcuts.com and embossed using my Sizzix Big Shot with a crease pad instead of a bottom cutting plate.

This project fought me every step of the way. I think two things caused this (there is SO MUCH CUSSING embedded in the glue of this): Embossing all the pieces changed their overall shape/size a bit, and the paper was a little thinner than ideal. So much of the brown cardstock available locally is kraft paper. A lot of the other is either a real struggle to clue (Recollections) or too dang thick (Bazzill). I think I would like to try it again and I think I will try paper that is already wood grain textured even though I think that means some of the staves will be cross grain.

11 Likes

You crack me up! The cussing was worth it; it will be a great addition to the celebration.

1 Like

This is really excellent, worth the cussing

1 Like

Thanks so much, friends!

My condolences x
This is going to look great at your neighbours tribute :hugs: The fact that you have embossed all of the wood grain just makes it so much more special.

2 Likes

There is NO way that is made of paper. NONE. uhn uh. It looks too real.

2 Likes

Awww, thanks so much, y’all!

1 Like