We’ve one last window with coverings we haven’t yet updated from the prior homeowners. I’m a ways off from tackling that and the existing metal mini-blinds aren’t working 100% well.
This window is south-ish facing and we’re having some high temps, so I went ahead and made a sun shade for it - from ALL STASH.
The material is for shading greenhouses, so I expect it will make a good difference in the heat gain we get through that window.
I wanted a simple roll-up style and had these chains already at this length and figured they would not fade in the sun the same way I have had fabric do in similar situations. I spray painted them black.
I had a few of these little tarp tie-down thingies left from the waxed tarpaulin I made last year.
It doesn’t really darken the room a lot which is nice. We’ll see if it helps during the rest of this little heat wave we’re having.
I do wish I’d thought of this project for the Take A Bite of Your Stash Challenge instead of the dumb failed one I spent hours and hours on for “nothing.” Fppppt!