Wine Glass Collage Quilt

I made this collage quilt as a Mother’s Day gift for my mom last year:

Ironically, while I love the outcome, I did not enjoy the process like I did when making my bee quilt. I think the main difference was that I had so much fun creating the background for the bee, whereas this background was still collage style, but without all the fun elements.

Prepping the fabric with Steam-a-Seam 2 backing:

Building up the layers:

Deciding which color thread to use for quilting (I went with the variegated yellow):

Prior to being quilted:

The finished quilt, complete with a hanger I picked up from a local craft store:

The quilt label, created by customizing one of these wine bottle designs:

I used Laura Heine’s Vino pattern and fabric kit to create this quilt.

25 Likes

AhhhMazing!

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

Wow! It’s a painting made with fabric! Love the final display with the hanger and the label.

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! Such a stunning piece. I love the fabrics. That newsprint truly elevates the collage feel of it. The label is next level too.

3 Likes

Wow, gorgeous! I love how thoughtfully you have placed the fabrics, particularly where the dots and swirls and flowers fall within the wine.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

This is reaaly striking!

3 Likes

So cool! Amazing work.

3 Likes

:green_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: Congratulations! Your amazing work is one of this week’s featured projects! :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much :blush:.

2 Likes

Wow! You have such a great eye for the details on a project. The little signature wine bottle on the back is the perfect finishing touch. What a gorgeous painterly piece. So utterly delightful. I love the little wine splashes!

3 Likes

It’s really lovely! I’m always amazed how quilts can be made like a collage to create a larger picture. I was thinking to myself that this would be next to a wine rack of the same height :grin:

3 Likes

This is so fabulous! I love all the colours and fabrics!

3 Likes

This is stunning! Wowwww! I bet your Mom LOVES it! So many tiny details, so many beautiful fabrics and colors working together to create a beautiful piece of art!

1 Like