Winter 2023 Book Swap Gallery

I love this swap so much, but I always end up adding to my to read list :flushed:

Love the idea of the jar, such a fab idea

3 Likes

Great box! And that jar is such a great idea!

2 Likes

Those books look great! I might have to check into those.

2 Likes

I received from Juju! Boy, did I get spoiled! Thank you SO much for everything!
First, the book. It came first and I’ve already started reading it. It’s good.

A few paper pieces. Some valentine and cute bags.
The cutest tea cup and tea. I just love the pattern on this cup. It is the sweetest!

A pretty bookmark with charms. The velvet trim makes it so perfect!

Fun Valentines and pretty little bags.

Facial mask so I can relax in luxury as I read my book and sip my tea.

Finally some treats (another bag of doritos was included but we ate them immediately) I love the idea of the small bags of chips! Such a great idea.

Oh-side note. I got the pattern off of etsy. MiNiceStitch - Etsy

7 Likes

I’m so happy you like everything! :blush:

That tea cup! Wow, I love it! The bookmarks and valentines are super cute.

1 Like

I received from @Whistlefish. This was all perfect for me. Thank you so much! The popcorn looks empty because… well. . it mostly is, now. :grin: I haven’t dig into the bar yet, but am looking forward to it. The oracle cards have been on my wish list for a LONG time. I am a huge fan of this artist and love this so much. Then, the cherry on top is this amazing hoop. She painted the finch then embroidered around it for emphasis. I don’t think that I mentioned that I have some zebra finches, so this is super perfect. ** Edited to add that apparently the knowledge is right in my bio. derp. **Thank you so much. Also, one of my kids caught me with the last of the popcorn and I relented and handed it over. lol

9 Likes

That hoop! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I know, right? :heart_eyes:

Here is one of my finches:

5 Likes

@Kittykill – The chocolates and tea looks scrumptious. The Tumbler is very pretty and it’s a sweet saying. I adore that cat tea towel! Oh my goodness, what a sweet little face! And cats and books, best combo EVER! The bookmarks are very elegant looking as well. Cool choice of the book!

@juju – I love a cozy mystery and that one looks fun! The tea cup and tea are perfect for KittyKill! Love that you used books to make bookmarks! And the extras are fun and cool!

@whistlefish – The zebra finch is so cool! I never thought of painting first. You did an amazing job. I love everything about this. The book looks interesting too.

1 Like

Lovely parcel

2 Likes

My son got Seeuudee’s parcel yesterday. I got already the first pictures. The details ones are for today.
I did him asked to open very carefully so i could us the wrapping paper for crafting and he isn’t that patient at all. Mostly with one torn he unwraps a parcel :slight_smile:

The contents will be a surprise for me too till today. so excited :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And here are the details.
I have been spoiled by Gini. So many books from Miss Fisher mysteries but also gardens books. A marvellous bookmark and she knows i only eat dark chocolate and that it is save: so a big portion 90% chocolat and a personal note…Last but not least a artwork with flowers :heart:
I visited Wisley gardens several times but i didn’t have a book of it and i do have a national trust membership too. so that garden book will lead us in the right direction.
I’ll get the parcel next month when i see my son (he got orders not to touch the chocolate :slight_smile: ) , he will get a bag of candy because he unwrapped it so carefully :heart:but i’m looking forward to start reading
Thanks Gini for this enormous parcel.
See for yourself how exquisit this parcel is.

6 Likes

O wow, that’s a huge package! So pretty!

1 Like

So pleased you like everything - and hand on heart, I didn’t spend over the book budget!

You mentioned that you were happy with second hand books, so all of these came from a second hand book sale. I got so lucky with the Kerry Greenwood books! And I wouldn’t have been able to afford to post the larger garden book abroad, so that was added only because I could send to Sven in the UK :smiley:

3 Likes

Feast your eyes upon the awesomeness of this package! I was lucky enough to be partnered with @artsycandice and she thoroughly spoiled me. I love every single thing. It’s like she knows me! Haha.

Here’s everything all together. (Minus some sea salt caramel chocolate candies which were immediately consumed and every single bite was magical.)

Here is the craft she made for me…a starling!! The “hoop” also has ceramic bits and bobs attached…skulls! buttons! bones! mushrooms! So friggin neat. I’m a bit obsessed with starlings, especially videos of them talking and starlings are a daily topic in our house so this was perfect.

And oh-my-goodness…this trinket bowl!!! I had put I liked cottagecore for a style/theme and she included this trinket bowl as well and I love it so, so, so much. :heart_eyes: I only wear rings when I leave the house…and when I come home I promptly take them off. This will be my new little ring bowl and I’m excited to gaze upon it every day.

Another bonus!! A wee little mushroom ornament/decoration! (Doesn’t she make the best stuff?!) I might put a longer string on it and hang it in my car. Or incorporate it into a wall hanging or something.

My phone and computer are not playing along and I couldn’t load the pictures of just the books for some reason, but she spoiled me! And I think she went over book budget…but I’m not complaining because both things made me so, so happy! (You can see them both in the first picture)

First, a copy of Braiding Sweetgrass. I love this book and I’ve wanted my own copy for quite some time so I can mark it all up and love it dearly.

The second “book” is a “Season of the Witch, Beltane” oracle deck. My friend has this deck (and their Yule one) and it’s so pretty!

Thank you so, so, so much @artsycandice. I loved everything, you spoiled me dearly, and you made my month. From the extras to the main pieces, I loved every single thing you included in this package for me. (Even the sparkly stars and fancy star tissue paper!!) Thank you!

8 Likes

I am so glad you enjoy everything. Please forgive me for going over-budget and spoiley… I know we agreed not to. But I also realized that this will probably be my last swap for quite a while as I need to focus on some personal projects for the next little bit. Also, I’m indecisive, so extras help me avoid having to make those decisions. :laughing: I enjoyed this so much. :heart:

2 Likes

I received from @gozer!

She sent me a Halloween children’s book that I did not own. I collect them. It’s called The Super Tiny Ghost and is very cute.

My snack? 'chup chips (ketchup chips, but this sounds more fun)! And they are dee-licious.

Here is her return address sticker with Stay Puft marshmallow men. It’s so cute.

Here is the note card which you bet I’m keeping and probably framing to go with my Halloween decorations.

Look at my boys on bookmarks! How were these made?? The left is Arlo and the right is Milkman. Such handsome fellas.

And… my book ornament! It has yellow-green bat ribbon because I love Halloween. And inside? ALL OF THE BOOKS I READ IN 2022. 39 books! I let out a squee when I saw it. I can’t imagine how long this took to make. I had to make a tiny book recently ( :smirk: ) and it took me a fair amount of time even though I did it using a staple instead of thread.

Thank you @gozer for the fantastic package!

9 Likes

I received from @chameleonhound! What an awesome package!

First, the exceptional card:

So fun, and SO TRUE!

Next, the books. These both look so awesome! The Crossings book, I had heard of before, and it can be read two different ways. I’m excited to explore both of these!

She made me the COOLEST escape room diorama! I love this! So clever!

And some yummy treats! These will NOT last long! :yum:

Thank you so much, Robin, for an amazing package!

7 Likes

What an awesome package! Especially that ornament. If you had any idea how much of a challenge miniatures are for @gozer, you would be even more impressed than you already are!

2 Likes