Winter 2023 Book Swap Gallery

I love Sarah Anderson’s comics. My favorite is her frugalness with everything except books, where’s she’s tossing money in the air.

I like the different design styles in the escape room. Some things are realistic and others are not, it’s very fun. Are those treats Christmas Crack?

3 Likes

Yeah, like chocolate brittle!!! Yummmm!

2 Likes

that escape diorama is gorgeous

2 Likes

I think it’s awesome!

1 Like

@seeuudee – The paper easel art with the flowers is very pretty. Perfect for a book swap! The bookmark is so cool! Do you have a full picture of it that you can share? The books look interesting, who doesn’t love a mystery?

@artsycandice – Your stuff is instantly recognizable in the best way! The hoop os so cool. I never would have thought of adding your ceramic to it, and it works! The trinket bowl and medallion are lovely, I have one of each (my medallion is sewing) and they are even better in person.

@irid3sc3nt – I am glad you liked the package. I didn’t make the card. I got it in a swap and I thought they signed them , but they didn’t and I can’t remember who made them or I would give them credit. If anyone recognizes it, let me know. They are really cool.

@chameleonhound – I am going to have to look into that Crossings book, sounds interesting. The escape room diorama is too cool. I love the mix of styles in it. This is so Bunny1! Oh, and those treats. They look scrumptious!

3 Likes

That cat card is divine! I would absolutely love to make myself year in book ornaments, but I shy away from the challenge of all those tiny crafts!

And the little mushroom ornament is super cute too!
@Whistlefish I would love to join your daily convos about starlings, they are just stunning and underappreciated little birds.

It is Mistress Jennie’s famous Christmas crack, though topped with dried raspberry or peppermint bits.

It’s tough to get a photo but if you peek around in the escape room there are little clues, like the watering can on the mantle, the light bulb, the painting is signed “Jules Verne”, and the writing on the wall is incorrect. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! The gallery has exploded with awesomeness!!! The hoops, the artwork, the fantastic books!!! I love seeing the variety of treats and books people received. Of course the crafting is amazing.

2 Likes

@seeuudee Are those photos of Portsmouth??? I see Spinnaker Tower :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They are indeed, I live pretty much on the border between Portsmouth and Southampton :smiley:

I found a calendar of local images reduced to pence at the end of January, so decided to use it as wrapping paper!

3 Likes

Here is the bookmark. This is only the second piece of needlefelting i have done, so whilst I just see the faults with it, I am not unhappy with it :smiley:

9 Likes

I think its beautiful! I love the little sheep and flowers!

2 Likes

@chameleonhound - Hit me up at the end of the year and we can do a little personal swap for your 2023 books. I have some extra ornaments still. :blush:

2 Likes

I got my package from @irid3sc3nt last night and I squealed a little. Okay, maybe a lot. She is so talented and I absolutely LOVE it.
I said that I would like art for my Spare bedroom / office that that am decorating with animals reading. I said I would be framing whatever I got in a white frame, just in case it mattered. She took that info and ran with it!
First, she sent along some tasty treats and a pack of stickers.

Then, I opened this.
Can you believe it! The absolute creativity and cuteness is incredible! It’s a little needle felted cat reading a book. She said she doesn’t normally needle felt, but she should definitely do more! She was going to model it after my black cat (I am assuming Dahlia because of the whiskers) but changed the nose to pink so it showed up better. Smart move. I am in love with it!!

I just love the way she is peeking through and she is so intent on her book. I am seriously tickled with this! I can’t express how much I love it!

Here it is on the wall with two of the three hoops I got from @kittykill last year for this swap. The walls are blue, hence the white frames.

She also made one of the books she sent me (electronically, by my request) so that I can change it out so my little reading companion and I are reading the same thing! Isn’t that adorable?! My little kitty (I am still brain storming names) is reading Wish You were Here: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery, which looks like a super cute cozy mystery where the cat and dog help solve the crime. Irid3s3nt also sent me Anticancer: A New Way of Life, which I have already started and has some very interesting and helpful tips. PS. This May I will finally be in remission!

Thank you so much. I absolutely adore this and you are so creative!!!

10 Likes

@gozer , WoW! Such a sweet package! I do love that felt kitty!! It’s so adorable! @irid3sc3nt , You definitely should do more felting. You’re really talented!

3 Likes

@gozer I’m so glad you liked it and that you were able to find a frame. It looks really cute in your pictures! The whiskers on the cat are a cut-up whisker from one of my boys. I have a ton of whiskers from my lady, but I couldn’t give one up. Also, I think I wrote in my note that I was going to get you Starburst Jellybeans, which were supposed to be at the store, but they were out or something so I had to settle with the Starburst gummies. I haven’t had them before, so I hope they are good. I think it’s very funny that we both made little books!

@Juju Thank you! I don’t needlefelt very often… I haven’t done it in years. I worked on this project so much thinking I was going to make a cat bookmark, then that wasn’t working out, so I thought I would make a dinosaur, but it started to look like a mushroom, then I went back to the cat but thought more about gozer’s Q and decided to have it be reading. Thinking back, I would have added wire into the arms instead of needlefelting them in place. And, hey, I only poked myself once!

3 Likes

That cat is epic!

3 Likes

Very! I am completely in love with it. Thank you @kittykill for hosting such a wonderful swap!

1 Like

Yes! Thank you for the excellent swap!

1 Like

Most definitely a fantastic swap! Thank you!

1 Like