Winter Book Swap 2020 Gallery

Oh wow! There are so many great things posted already! I’m intrigued by several of the books that have been received, too. I really love that pickle bookmark, and I’m impressed that it was handmade. And, the Dune hoopla is spectacular. It’s a book I’ve never read (too many mysteries to read!), but I would like to read it eventually. And, the reading trio is just adorable! @kittykill, I am amazed at how quickly you can do embroidery pieces!

I, too received my package from kittykill! And, I was thoroughly delighted with it!

First up, two books in the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George. I actually met her at a conference last year, and she is just so down to earth, and sweet (she is also a very productive writer, which is impressive). kittykill also included some lovely flat bookmarks. I don’t like bookmarks that are too bulky, and so I usually use just a scrap of paper. But, no more scraps for me!

Next up, I was also spoiled with a box of Godiva chocolates, plus a bag of Ghiradelli squares. And, some delicious cocoa, too. As soon as I post this, I am making myself a cup.

Next, she made me 2 hooplas! I love them both! First up- a truer statement was never stitched:

Look at how the book makes a heart shape- so clever!

And finally, she made me a hoop that I have declared is of Flavia DeLuce. I don’t think I put that in my questionnaire, so she must have stalked me very well. Or, maybe I put it in a follow-up message. Regardless of how she knew, I just adore it! Flavia DeLuce is a precocious 11 year old who has a keen love of chemistry and uses it solve crimes in post WWII England. I have every book in the series.

Thanks so much kittykill!

11 Likes

adorable hoops!
such a nice pkg

1 Like

you and I must have the same taste in books!
I had forgotten how much I love E. George’s writing (need to get back into those,
and how cool that you have met her IRL!)
and Flavia is probably my favorite heroine! I think I have one more to read from that series – need to check!

Love your pkg – another great job by @kittykill

2 Likes

Ack! So much fun stuff posted already! This will be an epic gallery!!

2 Likes

Those hoops are so awesome!

1 Like

How have I missed this for daaaays?!

These are great packages! Makes me all nervous about mine now. Eep!

3 Likes

I’ve never seen science look so cute!

2 Likes

I’m getting anxious seeing all those crafts.
Where did you find to time to make those embroideries @KittyKIll. They are very nice and detailed.

1 Like

There’s all ready so many awesome swap packages here :slight_smile: and I’m about to add one more!
I recieved from the delightful @mel today and was so totally spoiled.
Prepare to be bombarded with exclamation points and overwhelmed by jealousy!

So much chocolate! So many books!
I have been wanting to read Good Omens for years and am sooo excited for it!
Now for a closer shot of the homemade goodies! Avert your eyes if you are sensitive to the middle finger (Mel and I discovered a mutual love of swearing lol)

I have not taken those fingerless gloves off since I got home and am officially in love. I can now crochet and be cozy at the same time. What could be better?
Thank you so much @mel, I love everything!
And thank you @kittykill for organizing!

10 Likes

hooray!!! i am glad you love your “reading gloves” i saw them on your pinterest and HAD to make them!! and guess what @veghorsegirl - i got YOUR package today!!! i am so freaking stoked to read that book!!! and my hands down favourite is the christmas bunting/garland (but i lovelovelove those bookmarks!!)…that will be the first thing that goes up when i start decorating and i’ll probably leave it up all year…ha.

thank you @kittykill for the fantastic match and @veghorsegirl for the fantastic happy mail day !! it was a great swap to come back to swapping for!!!

10 Likes

oh what a cool bunting!
are those actually cut from book pages?

and the bookmarks are great :slight_smile:
nice swap pkg!!

2 Likes

they are indeed…and stamped with a wonderfully festive message!!

1 Like

@gozer I see you are reading Joanne Fluke! I’m glad you like her.

1 Like

Yes, thank you so much for introducing me to her last year during this swap. :heart:

2 Likes

How are you feeling?

1 Like

@kittykill is this our next weekly question?

So many cute things so far! I’m loving all the hooplas!!!

I am so stressed, haha. I’m really worried I’m not going to pull this off in time. I definitely bit off a lot. But all the separate parts are done and final assembly happens tomorrow so cross your fingers y’all!

5 Likes

Ack! It wasn’t supposed to be, I put it in the wrong place. :rofl:

In other news, I received from @gozer. She spoiled me! Thank you so much!!!
We both have a love for the bride of Frankenstein so she sent me these awesome goodies.

12 Likes

I have received my awesome package from @tendstowardschaos!

First because I like to cook and try out new recipes she made me this cute book to put in my recipes. The cover is wood and there are plenty of blank pages and tabs in it. Can’t wait to fill it up!

Then this book cover. This is some fantastic fabric!

And a book mark. I love this! She did a tiny little landscape embroidery which is one of my favorite things with a Pratchett quote.

And some yummy local chocolate. I have to admit for some reason I had chocolate bars stuck in my head. It didn’t even occur to me to do chocolates. I could have gotten some more interesting chocolate to send if I had thought outside the box (or bar lol)
There are chocolate covered animal crackers which I’ve already tried and they are so good. And then some turtles. I LOVE turtles! Good choice!

Thanks for a great swap @tendstowardschaos

Edit. Oops! I forgot the books lol

First Fahrenheit 451. A classic. I’ve read it many years ago but not since high school and I was actually talking about it with someone recently and thought I should reread it.

And A Darker Shade of Magic. Which is actually on my TBR list for a while now. I’ve heard good things!

13 Likes

I’m so glad you like everything! You’re fun to craft for and I really enjoyed swapping with you (again)!

2 Likes

@gozer Secret book! Perfect to store your emergency flask in. LOL!

3 Likes