Winter Book Swap 2020 Gallery

So many covetable things!!! @tendstowardschaos I love your taste in books. Those are 2 of my faves. And @gozer I’ve got a girl crush on your Bride! Beautifully done!

I’m having HUGE swap anxiety now… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Oh man, the secret book and the book fabric and, and, and…! So many cool things.

I have NO idea why?!? My package is here and it’s amazing!!!

I’ll start with the craft because I LOVE it so much!! I am the honored recipient of bunny’s first prayer flag!!

The phrase is from one of the books she sent me (Life Expectancy). I love the open book and the fringe! :star_struck:

Then, yes, 2 (!!) books!

I have never read Dean Koontz, which is one of Bunny’s favorite authors. This will remedy that soon!!

A couple extras…vanilla watermelon lip balm (intriguing!) with the most appropriate wrapper ever, lol. And a feather bookmark (cute and useful!):

And the chocolate!

I was so confused because in her note bunny said she couldn’t get chocolate covered cinnamon bears, but there was a baggie of them in the package (which I could smell as soon as I opened it!). Then I noticed an extra little note that said she found some at the last minute, lol. I’ve NEVER heard of or seen these before in my life! I had to try one right away. I was expecting cinnamon infused chocolate, but…

It’s like a cinnamon gummy covered in chocolate! Such an interesting combo! Thank you for introducing me to something new, bunny! And for being such as awesome partner (as usual!). :smile:

12 Likes

I love that embroidered bookmark!!

2 Likes

Wow, only just caught up with the gallery - so many amazing things and a few more books to add to my to read list. :thinking:

I have the most amazing (well, in my opinion anyways) package to share. The box was full of parcels, but on the top was an envelope holding this pretty card -

which instructed me to start with the one titled “the story begins here” -

seen here on top of everything taken out of the box.

So, the first little parcel to be opened contained a little book -

and page 1 reads -

As I continued reading, it then instructed me to open specific numbered packages at certain points in the story. First up was a beautiful painted mug and coaster, complete with a sachet of coffee -

The next instruction is to open parcel number 3 -

Chocolates - taste testing has taken place already and they taste as good as they look!
And hot chocolate -

Next up, parcel number 4, with added instruction “do not open book” -

With the next page having the instruction to turn on the light -

And the final instruction being to open the door -

This is so stunningly beautiful and I am going to treasure it - I absolutely adore it!

However, the story does not end there - it continues (including one page with a very beautiful tribute to Nathan, which had me in tears) - and moves on to instruct me to open number 5 -

Marijke had a clear idea right from the start on one of the books and I assume it was this one. Not an author I have heard of, but it sounds so amazing, so I am really looking forward to reading it. It was wrapped in the loveliest little bag, which I am going to have to find something special to keep safe -

Now the story goes on to state open parcel number 3, but unless I completely missed it, I couldn’t find a number 3, but it talked about “…reaches out for some chocolate.” And there is so much more chocolate in this package -

I am so looking forward to trying that feel good chocolate bar - it sounds amazing - but I am still working through the pralines from earlier on :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and there are further drinking choices as well -

The latter coming in a box with an image of a cat (which completely confused me, until I opened it up) and included a history of the brand -

Oh, and there is a further crafted item, a lovely bookmark using dried flowers/petals (I believe?) -

Oh, and I can’t forget two further books, one which has a very personal connection. Nathan and I had swapped a couple of times and found we had a lot of interests, and book choices, in common, so this book means so much to me -

I had to include the little message, because I know this group will understand completely when I say this means so very much to me and had me back in tears again :heart_eyes: It is a book by an author that I love and have read a lot of, but have not read this one nor do I own it!

And the last book is one I am looking forward to dipping in and out of. I have visited Belgium in the past and it is high on my list of places to revisit, so this will be an interesting read -

A cannot tell you all just how blown away I am by this parcel, I keep looking at the pile of amazing goodies (and keep dipping back in for just one more chocolate :D).

Thank you @Myrthena for the most amazing package and I really hope you have enjoyed your first dip into swapping

11 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is beyond words. It is simply beautiful.

1 Like

I’m glad you like it :+1:
just a remark : the jar is not hot chocolate is a mixture for a cupcake in a mug. Just add a bit of oil and milk as written on the ingredients list at the back. :slight_smile:
And yes I enjoyed my first swap
Myrthena

5 Likes

Ah ok, I hadn’t actually turned the tub around - I can see that now :smiley:

1 Like

It really is. Wow, @Myrthena!

1 Like

Wow @Myrthena you took this swap to a whole new level!!! :astonished:

And @Abbeeroad I’m glad you liked your package. I hope you enjoy the books! And I’m so glad you like your prayer flag! I enjoyed crafting for you!

FYI the chocolate cinnamon bears are one of my favorite (and rarely enjoyed) treats, but my hubby doesn’t care for them at all. He likes cinnamon bears and he likes chocolate but evidently not at the same time. He sucks the chocolate off and then eats the bear. :smile:

5 Likes

This is such an amazing and touching swap package.

1 Like

That prayer flag is so wonderful!

1 Like

The prayer flag is beautiful, @Bunny1kenobi!

@Myrthena, what a wonderful and thoughtful package. :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

I love the Bride painting! And that pendant is fabulous (although vampires scare me, so I couldn’t wear it)!

That embroidery is just gorgeous!

1 Like

I love the prayer flag! And, I love Dean Koontz! For one of his books, I attempted to read it twice but was so scared for the main character that I had to stop. I finally pushed through and finished it in my third try :blush: The Odd Thomas series is great (I don’t know if I read the one you have, however).

2 Likes

Wow! That was like a mini scavenger hunt in a box! Just amazing!

And now, I want to break into the post office to add more to my package.

2 Likes

I have a hard time picking a favorite Dean Koontz book but Life Expectancy is one of my many faves, and I love Odd Thomas. He’s so sweet! I also love Tick Tock, The Good Guy, The Face, By The Light Of The Moon, Fear Nothing and Seize The Night (the Christopher Snow novels which vaguely intersect with Odd Interlude)… I could go on. And On. I had a hard time picking these ones. I could have sent her an entire library. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Wow! So many gorgeous things!

I sent to @WiccadWitch today and saw she sent to me as well. Can’t wait for you to receive your package, Lacey!