Winter Book Swap 2020 Gallery

Yes! That lego comic is so true! I love the clock, I used to read Nancy Drew as a kid.

1 Like

The mug is amazing and the chocolate looks luxurious :slight_smile:

@seeuudee I have to be very severe. I eat one piece no more but it was so delicious and safe . I counted them and this afternoon i was missing one. Found the thief very quickly :slight_smile: my husband he coudnā€™t stay away from that fudge, :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh bless him :rofl: :rofl:

It always disappears here very quickly as well!

I have been SPOILED!!! @WiccadWitch thank you!!!

Here is my box, thus far un-touched. So many pretty packages!!

First, the chocolate. So many choices! I canā€™t wait to dig in.

Lacey got me four books! People have been telling me for years that I need to read Good Omens and now I finally have a copy! And Dirk Gentlyā€™s is literally the ONE Douglas Adams book I didnā€™t have yet! And itā€™s even the same publisher and style as all my others!!! :heart_eyes_cat:

Then she made me all these bookmarks so Iā€™ll never be without one! I love the shiny papers!

The piece de resistance is this gorgeous converted book clock which she hand-painted a galaxy on the cover of! So pretty! I am going to put it on my bookshelves, obviously.

And the whole haul all together, minus a couple cat toys which disappeared right away. That was a really sweet touch. My kits are running around the house with them right now.

Thank you Lacey! I love everything! I canā€™t wait to dive into all these great books!!!

10 Likes

Lindor chocolates are so good - we have a Lindt shop not that far from us and they have all of the flavours in a pick and mix. We try not to visit too often!

And I must give Good Omens a read - I loved the series

Whoa, galaxy clock! That is some superb painting.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I am going to use the bookends as bookendsā€¦ Iā€™m going to use them as decorations, like book nooksā€¦so all the details can be seen!

Ziggyblackstarā€¦Iā€™m so glad youā€™re happy with your package.
I almost didnā€™t send the Dirk Gently bookā€¦I ordered it and it wasnā€™t in as good shape as I expected, but, at the last minute I included it because the inside was okā€¦I figured you would still be able to read itā€¦

3 Likes

Those chocolates are from a little shop in the next town over. And, I have to admit, I picked them out based on appearance, not on flavor! There should be a card in the box that tells you what each one is.

I forgot to include a battery with the clock! Sorry about that! I hate when I have to hunt down batteries for things so I keep a stash of batteries on hand. I was so focused on packing the box to fit it all that I forgot to grab one.

I have met 2 of the authors that I sent- Dana Cameron came to a Sisters in Crime talk at the library, and Leigh Perry may have, as well, but I met her at the crimewriters conference I usually go to every November. I havenā€™t met Nevada Barr (yet!). The Skeleton series is the most ā€œcozyā€ of the 3, and there are at least 6 in the series. I think the Emma Fielding books by Dana Cameron also count as cozies, and I just discovered that theyā€™ve been made into a series that lasted 1 season, I think. Nevada Barrā€™s Anna Pigeon series is excellent, and I still have some more to read. I tried to pick books that had older women as the main characters for you (I think Emma Fielding is a little younger than the others). I hope you havenā€™t read them yet!

And if, like me, you donā€™t need anymore mugs (I find them hard to resist), you could always use it as a vase or as craft tool holder (I use something similar for my crochet hooks and knitting needles).

1 Like

What a great collection of books! The bookmarks are so pretty (and also flat!). But, the book clock is gorgeous! I never would have thought to paint the cover!

1 Like

The clock is a beautiful craftwork. and the bookmark are very nice

Wow, we have some amazing packages in this swap!!!

I think I have watched a movie about one of the Emma Fielding books. I think Hallmark did a movie. The chocolate is so good!

1 Like

Aw, so many special treats and how wonderful of her to send a little tribute to Nathan.

1 Like

The chocolates! The bookends! The book clocks! So many amazing things in this swap!

And today it is my turn! I received from @Fonduie and I have to say that I squeeā€™d and did a happy dance for each item I unwrapped!

First, she included this really cool medieval archer fabric! This is super fun and the tan-gold color goes with my living room, so Iā€™m thinking about making it into a throw pillow (yes, it has been open for 30 minutes and I already have ideas).

Next, she made me this darling little book, again with a medieval-themed print on the fabric cover. We found we had a mutual interest in the Middle Ages and SCA, so this is perfect.

Stitching and nice, heavy pages.

Third came the chocolate! I havenā€™t had this kind before and she got me a range of ā€œdarkness.ā€ Chocolate for every mood. :smiley: Iā€™m excited!

And lastly, the books! The books! This is a trilogy by one of my all-time favorite authors. I love this set! I would have been thrilled if she had gotten even just one, but she sent all three!! :sparkling_heart: I am seriously SO excited. Itā€™s going to take a lot of willpower not to just plunk right down with these tonight (got too much cooking to do!). Also, these are my favorite covers for these books, so fun to read and to look at. :slight_smile:

Thank you SO MUCH, @Fonduie!!!

6 Likes

What a great package! Your partner read you well! :laughing:

1 Like

I love that your package had a medieval theme- that just makes it extra fun!

1 Like

so cool! what a clever clock, @craftADDchick !
and Iā€™m a huge Nevada Barr fan!

and @Fonduie, Iā€™m impressed with your bookmaking skillz!

2 Likes

This gallery is amazing!! Well done everyone xx

1 Like

Such talented folks in this swap :smiley:

1 Like