Winter Botanical Cake

Hi all-

I’ve been quiet and not baking as much since I’ve been working from home permanently (no place to bring leftovers and fewer baking occasions) and life has been unusually busy lately. But I carved out some time to practice buttercream flowers yesterday. I’m a big fan of Leslie Vigil. She has a book/classes you can purchase and follow. I used her winter botanical cupcake course to work on these flowers. They aren’t perfect by any means (though a well-cropped photo works wonders, haha), but I’m very happy with them. Happy weekend! Hope you all are safe and warm (or safe and cool if in the southern hemisphere :slightly_smiling_face:).

27 Likes

That is simply gorgeous. I love the cool, frosty palette, just beautiful work.

2 Likes

:star_struck:
WOW! Stunningly beautiful flowers and I love the classy winter vibe. Really amazing!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Oh, wow. This is so dreamy and magical.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

This is stunningly gorgeous! Like, WHOA.

Also, I want to compliment your food photography. It’s not always easy to get a shot of culinary creations that really captures them with typical kitchen lighting.

2 Likes

Aww, thank you! I took the pictures in our dining room, which gets a lot of lovely natural light. Makes a huge difference!

1 Like

This is beautiful! I would be afraid to eat it! Its too pretty!

1 Like

I agree the photos are beautiful and if these flowers aren’t perfect, then I can’t imagine perfect. These are stunning.

2 Likes

Wonderful creation. :heart_eyes:
Looks too pretty to eat.

1 Like

WOW, they look amazing. Never would have guessed you used buttercream. I also like the way you photographed the cake from above.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

If I hadn’t read the accompanying text, I would have thought those were just regular flowers you used to decorate the cake. They are really impressive and elegant.
I think about how my son always wants whatever decoration is on the cake on his slice. He’d probably scarf a whole flower.

4 Likes

The flowers are stunning but I really like the greenery! The one tier cake is also a great solution to the lack of office sharing. :smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Looks like the cover of a magazine! So classy.

2 Likes

:star: :cupcake: :lotus: Congratulations! Your fabulous frosting flowers are a Featured Project this week! :lotus: :cupcake: :star:

1 Like

Wow, this is just stunning!! Beautiful skills! It reminds me very much of the flowers in my winter wedding bouquet :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This is incredible. They look so real.

1 Like