Winter Time 2023 Book Swap Gallery!

Post your goodies here!

1 Like

This gallery is going to start off so awesome!

I received from @Tapestry!

Check it out!

The whole package:

This book sounds SO intriguing!

Close ups of the AMAZING Baba Yaga’s house! :heart:

Thank you, Jenn! It’s all AWESOME and I hope you like your package just as much!

4 Likes

Oh wow! That Baba Yaga house is amazing! The little bones by the door crack me up. The book looks interesting. Excellent start to the gallery.

1 Like

Great start! The house an adorable. How’d you make the feet? They look very lifelike.
The bone fence = super cool.

2 Likes

Thanks, all! @curiousfae, the feet are polymer clay with acrylic paint detail.

That house was EVIL, which is fitting given the subject matter :rofl:. Everything went sideways at almost every step of the assembly process. I’m just glad it held together in the end!

Book description:

Seven years ago the Atargatis set off on a voyage to the Mariana Trench to film a mockumentary bringing to life ancient sea creatures of legend. It was lost at sea with all hands. Some have called it a hoax; others have called it a tragedy.

Now a new crew has been assembled. But this time they’re not out to entertain. Some seek to validate their life’s work. Some seek the greatest hunt of all. Some seek the truth. But for the ambitious young scientist Victoria Stewart this is a voyage to uncover the fate of the sister she lost.

It’s technically horror, but more horror light and so beautifully written. I love it! I just sent @bunny1kenobi the prequel as a kindle book because you can’t get it in print.

4 Likes

I am REALLY looking forward to digging in to these stories! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

That Baba Yaga house is AMAZING!

4 Likes

I received today! Check out what @Myrthena sent me! So spoiled! Thank you so much for everything!
First up-this book that has been folded into wonderful shapes! It reminds me of the mountain that is near me, Mt. Hood.

Next up, is the outside of the book, another little journal, and book marks.

Lots of fun little treats! Chocolates, bookmarks, ornaments

The books! And even more treats! I’m so excited to read these.

Close up of the candle with my name on it.

Thank you again! Everything is so inventive and thoughtful.

3 Likes

Yeah…so I had two partners and I received from my other partner today, @Chr1stchan. Thank you so much! Everything is so wonderful and feels so cozy.

The books! I’m super excited to read these.

Look how beautiful it is wrapped! Treats and a wonderful bookmark

Tea and gorgeous ornaments.

4 Likes

I love the bookmark and those books look super intriguing!

2 Likes

So many lovelies!

A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY is sooooooooo good!

3 Likes

Close the folded book and look at it to see what it says :slight_smile:

I’m happy you like it
Myrhena

6 Likes

Wow! I can’t imagine what that took to do that. Stunning!
Those books look fab. How fun!

1 Like

I haven’t read it. Not really my style but it was well tasted by another of crafster of our group :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness!!! That is so clever!!!

3 Likes

That is very cool! No idea how it is done, but it looks like a lot of work to fold and cut those pages! What a beautiful and fun result!

1 Like

I kept looking at Kittykills pic thinking, does it fold into an image? Even better, it said READ! That is absolutely amazing @Myrthena!

1 Like

How brilliant & beautiful!

2 Likes

It a lot of measurements up to the mm and then folding 600 pages. to get that result.
I 'll show in a post some others not all that difficult :slight_smile:

5 Likes

cool!!

1 Like