Wire Rainbow Earrings

Long ago and far away, I was a professional goldsmith. But it has been a really long time since I worked with metal at all, with or without a torch. But I found some wire on clearance, and decided to finally do some wire weaving after my long hiatus. I was practicing a weave, and just playing with the wire afterwards, and wound up with something I liked. So I refined the idea and worked up these crazy shiny, large, cartoonish but maybe somehow also sort of chic earrings. I kinda love them, although I can’t wear earrings anymore. Lol

28 Likes

These are so cool! A really interesting and usual way to do wire work and like it!

1 Like

Very pretty! If you can’t wear earrings, I could see these attached to hair clips. They are quite eye-catching.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Or hanging on a hair stick! But I could also just get some clip on earrings bases. What I will probably do instead is give them to my bestie, who loves them and described them as “joyful”. We have been friends for over 40 years, since 1st grade, so her getting to wear them is as good as, or better than, me getting to wear them. Lol

2 Likes

WOW! These are very cool and chic. I love the swirly clouds

1 Like

Definitely not what I anticipated seeing when I read “wire rainbow” but these are sooooo cool! I don’t wear earrings as much as I used to since having a little one, but I totally would have rocked these in my big earring days.

2 Likes

Ooooh! These are whimsical and cheery, and just lovely. Swoon!

1 Like

…that is totally not what I was expecting when I clicked on something titled “rainbow” :laughing: Still cool, tho-- I like the how the cloud swirls came out.

1 Like

Love them! I know your friend will love them, too. If you decide to make another one for yourself, it would make a nice pendant or brooch, as well.

1 Like

Super pretty! Joyful is a good description!

1 Like

Lol I entirely did not realize my title was misleading, but it definitely is, and yet also isn’t. :laughing:

1 Like

I have been thinking of making myself some shawl pins, and I bet I could adapt the design to that purpose! Thanks for the idea!

3 Likes

Very cool! This is a skill I’d love to learn. These came out gorgeous.

1 Like

These are fantastic! A different subject for wire work, very unique and creative.

1 Like

I zoomed in and all the little weaves (is the what you call it?) across the rainbow are absolutely incredible! These are so fun and make me smile.

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

:sparkles: :rainbow: :cloud: Congratulations! Your radiant rainbow earrings are a Featured Project! :cloud: :rainbow: :sparkles:

1 Like