With Only a Needle and String Cross Stitch

I was looking for this piece I stitched up and didn’t realize it was 17 years ago that I completed it. 2003! Annnnddd it’s still not framed. I love it so much and I think this year might be the one to display it in the house.

35 Likes

this is lovely. Nice sentiment. You should definitely display it!

1 Like

That’s fabulous! It really does deserve a frame and a place to be admired :heart:

1 Like

That is beautiful! You should frame it to enjoy it all the time! :heart:

1 Like

Such a lovely quote! Do frame it and/ or display it. Too pretty to be hidden away!

1 Like

This is absolutely the year to frame and display it!

1 Like

That’s so beautiful!

1 Like

Oh darling, this is so very beautiful! And so perfect for you. Yes, yes you need to frame and display it!

2 Likes

Beautiful job.

I recently found one I finished in the mid 90s that had been framed and then removed. Now I’m trying to decide if I should frame it again or not. It’s about babies, which I no longer have, but I can’t seem to part with it.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful and deserves to be seen by all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful that you found this piece! Definitely display it where you and your family can enjoy seeing it every day.

1 Like

Ooh, that’s a good one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa, not only is that gorgeous, it is also very fitting for my dear sweet @kittykill. You couldn’t have chosen something better, this is in fact what you do with just a humble needle and string. You stitch love and beauty into the world :heart:.

2 Likes

I love this! So simple and beautiful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great sentiment and so beautifully stitched!

1 Like

I love this piece so much! I remember seeing it before, but I know we hadn’t yet met in 2003. I can see this in a red/black/white tea cabinet display should you ever want to go that route for a month!

1 Like

That is really pretty, and 17 years? It’s finally time to frame it XD

1 Like

I’m in love with this quote! Is it attributed to someone? I did a half hearted Google search with no luck.

Did you make up the pattern or is it by someone? It’s beautiful! You did a lovely job!

1 Like

The pattern is from Heartstring Samplery. It is an older pattern but you can find much of her stuff on 123 Stitch.
https://www.123stitch.com/m/Cross-Stitch-Patterns-from-Heartstring-Samplery

I believe the pattern is called My Shadow, but I’m not sure. The original pattern the heart was white, but I added the red. I wish I could remember where she said she got the saying from.

I get sentimental about pieces, too. Finding another way to display it/change it up can refresh it a bit. Maybe you can make it into a pillow or sew it on a stuffed animal (depending on the size).

1 Like