Wood Burning Trails

So I had bought a cheep wood burner like a year ago and mess around with it for five ten minutes and then forgot about it :laughing:

So today I decided to pull it out. I had the little log wood disks that I did mine and a friends zodiac signs on. And then I had gotten this cute skull wood thing from target last year that I wood burned as well. I think I’m supposed to have a couple different nibs but I have no idea where those are so I used just one. Maybe if I get into this more I’ll think about getting a better wood burner.

15 Likes

Looks like fun! Does it set off your smoke detector?
I like the happy side of the skull!

Also, is there an odor? My husband never lets me do “odorific” crafts because he’s very sensitive to smells.

2 Likes

I find wood burning so much fun! I ended up investing in a nicer one. It does make a huge difference if you really enjoy the craft.

@endymion, depending on what you’re burning, it can smell. Other than a light wood smoke smell it isn’t too bad usually. You could easily do this outside at a sturdy table. If I burn inside, I put a shower cap over the smoke detector, and I take it off first thing once I’ve finished burning and unplug everything.

7 Likes

Very helpful info! Sometimes I see wood burning equipment at garage sales, but I’ve never picked it up because I was uncertain about those questions. Thank you!

2 Likes

I like your idea of doing constellations, @poetrylover828.

1 Like

It didn’t set off my smoke detector thankfully. I did notice a smoky/burned wood smell. Not as nice as a fire in my opinion but not terrible. And the smell didn’t stick around.

I will probably do this in the living room next time so I have a little extra space between me and the smoke detector since I totally spaced on that as a possible problem :laughing:

1 Like

Ah thank you I love space things and zodiac things. I know nothing about them I just like how they look :laughing:

1 Like

I can definitely see that. I already have so many different crafts that I don’t do enough of so I think this little burner will be good for awhile.

2 Likes

These turned out very cool! I especially like the shading you got on the ghost.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I honestly was surprised that the ghost came out that good :laughing: I was like “don’t f*k him up” the whole time I did it.

1 Like

Yeah the ghost was my favorite as well. The constellations are brilliant tho!

1 Like

Thank you! I love star constellation stuff. I have a piece of fabric I need to do something with that I embroidered constellations on. (Just another thing on my long this of projects to work on)

1 Like

:star_struck: :boom: This awesome project is featured this week! :boom: :star_struck:

1 Like

Ohh thank you!!

Those skulls are adorable! The ghost looks super cool with the shading, but I love the expression of the sad one, and the butcher knife. Ha!

3 Likes

Thank you!! I was really happy with how the ghost had come out. I had been looking at a picture and didn’t expect the shading to work so well :laughing: I really enjoyed picking things to put on the sad side!

2 Likes