Wrist wrap bracelets

This year, for Shop the Swap (STS), I made wrist wraps. They wrap three or four times around the wrist and they are adjustable. It’s been fun coming up with different ones.

Several of them are made from Japanese chirimen (crepe) cording. The others are from other types of fabric cord. Most of them have little slider beads or charms or some other type of decoration.

In a swap, @MightyMitochondria gave me some fabric beads. I made a necklace for myself out of some of them, but had some left over. They are the perfect size for these wrist wraps! They add so much visual interest to them, too. (You can see them on the one with the triangles, as well as the purple one right below it.)

I love how easy they are to wear. You just wrap them around your wrist a few times, pull on the ends of the cord to tighten, then tuck the ends under the other strands.

17 Likes

These are SO cute! How did you attach the fabric beads? Did you thread them or stitch them on or…?

I love fiber jewelry and these look so comfy but stylish!

1 Like

Love the mix of fabrics with the fabric beads or fabric closure…just beautiful.

1 Like

Each one has quite a bit of visual interest with just a few items - so cool!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I found these really relaxing and enjoyable to craft.

The fabric closures and fiber beads all slide on the cords, so the wearer can arrange everything how they would like. There is some thread-wrapping, but nothing is stitched to the cords (aside from maybe a charm at the end of a couple of the wrist wraps.)

1 Like

So fashionable! I especially like the first one. Those fabric beads are just perfect for this!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the Japanese fabrics.

1 Like

Very cool!

2 Likes

I love mine! I could collect all of them and have a whole arm of bracelets. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I really like these! My fave is the gray one! Someone else who was smarter than I am snapped it up before I could! Lol!

2 Likes

Oh wow, those are really special :star_struck:

1 Like