Xmas Hexagon Table Topper (pic heavy)

Stepped up my game from mug mats to table toppers! saw a fun hexigon design on pinterest that linked to this tutorial on YouTube.

The tutorial called for using 1.5 inch strips (I think?), but I used 2.5 inch strips as-is from a couple christmas jellyrolls from JoAnn. The red is yardage of a bolt. So mine turned out bigger than what I planned for, obviously. I was aiming for a set of 2 to put on my end tables, but they are large enough to fit my coffee table. I’ll keep one, and this one that I finished today will be gifted to my Oma for her table.

I still have fabric left over, so I might be able to make a couple striped rectangle toppers to match for the end tables.

I’m super proud of these corners. :laughing:

And I added a tag so she remembers who made it, because my aunt also sews/quilts.

19 Likes

Nice work!
That would be a pretty tree skirt, too.

1 Like

I did think it was a tree skirt when you posted it prior to finishing! It is so lovely with the mix of bright colors and black and white!

I love it…great job!

1 Like

These are beautiful!! I love your little tag AND yes…you should be dang proud of those corners! I would be. :smile:

1 Like

It would! I might try a bigger one for a tree skirt next year…

1 Like

Beautiful. the colors pop and it’s so festive.

i used that red snowflake fabric to make masks for donation to a Holiday fair. They sold out quickly.

1 Like

I LOVE that red snowflake fabric. I have some left over to use again in something else.

It looks great!!

1 Like

:tada: Congrats!!! :tada:
@CraftsUntold, your xmas hexagon table topper has been chosen as a featured project for the week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

These look fantastic. You should be proud of the corners!

YAY!! Thanks!

Beautiful. I made a Halloween one using a tutorial too. Although my corners weren’t anyway close to perfect like yours.

2 Likes

Thank you! Oh I have a lot of super nice Halloween fabric BEGGING to be pretty quilted homed decor.

1 Like

It is so precise. Love it!

1 Like

You did a beautiful job on them.

1 Like

The deep green you chose was perfect! And my eyes are completely dazzled by this pattern!

1 Like

Thanks! It seems to be one of those patterns that has very impressive results for how simple it is.

2 Likes