Year in Color Lap Quilt

This is the second year I’ve joined the Quiltalong and last year ended up with two lap quilts for sitting on our porch. We can’t seem to live without lap quilts and now at a total of 5 around the house, we don’t need another.

But I enjoy the Block of the Month and all the challenges. My theme this year was a monthly calendar in bright colors. I sometimes shifted the blocks to another month on the quilt and then had to make an extra to cover for Dec as I had to get it done by NOW! It was fun trying to fit a month theme into a BOM and didn’t always succeed. I gave one block away and moved others in the layout. But it’s done and ready to be donated. Too bright for me to relax with, but I’m sure someone will fall in love. It’s about 45 x 60 inches

I am donating to our church’s Artisan Craft Fair held on Nov 18 & 19. It will likely be in with some of the featured items donated for Friday Night Specials, or maybe the silent auction.

26 Likes

I love the name! This is so colorful and bright. That black sashing really makes the blocks pop! I think that October block might just be my favorite!

Absolutely someone is going to fall in love with it… it’s great!

Oh that will really make someone’s day bright & cheery. I like that it is a true year of blocks!

Someone will absolutely fall in love with it! I love the vibrant colors and the diverse blocks.

Love the bright colours with the black, someone will go home very happy.

It is really lovely, the bright colours are great.

I still haven’t finished last years one, never mind this years!

This is absolutely stunning!! Your BOM quilts are so inspiring! Love this year’s!

Beautiful! I love how it encapsulates the whole year.

The purples you chose with the black give it an ethereal look to me!

1 Like

I’m sure someone will go nuts over it! I love the colors. It’s a gorgeous quilt.

runs immediately across the country to find your church

1 Like

Beautiful!

I love how this came out darling! Well done!

:sparkles: :thread: :rainbow: Congratulations! Your spectrum-tacular Year in Color Lap Quilt is a Featured Project this week! :rainbow: :thread: :sparkles:

Thank you! Wheeeeee

It’s gorgeous! I like how it’s really varied designs, but the colours hold it together cohesively.

The colours are so rich & beautiful. Lovely work.

Upfate
The quilt was auctioned off at the xhurxh holiday fair and was a big hit. Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I will miss this quilt. But now to move on to the next one!

2 Likes

I love the colors, great job!