"You Are Enough" ATCs -- Inspired-along Challenge 2022 Entry

This year the Art Journaling Craftalong has included monthly prompts people can use as a jumping off point for journal pages. That’s not really how I find myself journaling in this season of my life, but it is an ATC-making style I’ve been meaning to revisit. Enter these babies.

I worked from the prompt list @Smmarrt posted for March. The stars are from a masterboard by @photojenn; the foil stars underneath were the byproducts of sharpening my star punch to cut the masterboard :laughing:. The sentiment is stamped on the margins of some old book paper; some of it had been tea dyed, so there are a few splotches if you look closely.

Here are some closer shots; I made four cards in total.

If you’re keeping track at home, the prompts I ended up using were

• Grid/squares
  • Masking tape
  • Embellishment made from a masterboard
  • Something shiny
  • Quote or phrase

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

What’s that Picasso quote? “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.”
That’s just what you did!

5 Likes

These are beautifully done.

2 Likes

Great layering with details!

1 Like

these are great! love the texture and grunge look! the stars give great dimension!

1 Like

What a great idea to use the journal prompts for your ATCs. The backgrounds look great and I love the sentiment!

1 Like

These are great! I like the fact that you used stamping for the letters! I think it adds some dimension to the amazing textured backgrounds. Well done, my friend!

1 Like

These are wonderful! Lots of layers and dimension!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

I hadn’t really decided what to do for the quote part, but when the background was dry, it became clear that trying to write directly on top of it was going to be visually a lot. Stamping was definitely the right choice – I’m really happy with the effect of it.

Congrats and great work! These ATCs are one of this week’s featured project!

1 Like

Woohoo! Thanks!

I really like these!

Using inspiration to inspire…love these…how you interpreted the prompts to make these your own style…I also enjoyed your process notes…always loved ATCs…

2 Likes