Zebulon and Effie Mucklewain

Fan art for Midnight Burger, a podcast I recently discovered. There are times I’ve been listening where I laughed until I couldn’t breathe. The whole concept is like Dr. Who meets Cheers… it’s so witty and I love all of the quirky, flawed and occasionally neurotic characters who are not just trying to save the world, but also the universe, and time and space… all at the same time.

This little homage depicts 2 of them- hosts of an old-time revivalist radio show called “The Hour of Power”. Somehow they live inside an old radio in the diner and interact with the other characters. They are Zebulon and Effie Mucklewain from Toadsuck Arkansas.

14 Likes

So cute! Sounds like a great podcast.

1 Like

Thank you!

You should check out the podcast! Weopenatsix.com
I found it on Spotify.

It’s a cool rendering and I like that you made fan art. Did you look at images of an old radio? It looks really good. What did you use to color?

1 Like

Thanks! I did look at images of an old radio. I used colored pencils.

1 Like

Oh my! This is cute and a podcast I might actually listen to!! I love the new Dr Who

1 Like

Thanks!

I hope you like it! These characters are too fun!

1 Like

I love this! The lettering :heart_eyes: And the radio :heart_eyes: the characters, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

What a fun homage to a show you’re loving! I hope there’s a way to share it with the show creators, because I bet they’d be thrilled!

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m not sure how to do that, but maybe I can figure it out!

This is great. Your drawing skills have gotten so good. I remember when you used to struggle and stress over drawing. Now you obviously don’t! Zebulon and Effie look great, and so does that radio!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Interesting! I feel the old timey revivalist vibe for sure. Have you sent them a message with your fan art? Bet they’d really get a kick out of it.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I emailed them.