Zelda: Majora's Mask Skull kid (Work in Progress)

It’s not blue and yellow… It’s not blue and yellow… c1f~2

I’m losing my mind over not having the right clay for this haha.

1 Like

It looks fine to me in blue and yellow… but if you don’t like the color, couldn’t you paint it, like you painted the ribbon?

1 Like

@endymion definitely can. I’m just annoyed that this is purely because I lost all my clay and have to resort to using any light colors I have. I lucked out that I had blue and yellow.

Here’s how it looks now that is IS painted.

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Just a little update. No pics unfortunately. But I’ve run into some weight issues. So I’m delayed a bit more than I’d like. The left arm is going to be holding most of the weight from the figure, by the elbow joint and it’s snapped on me. I’ve got it reglued. But if it happens again I’m going to need to probably drill new holes and put wire inside of it. The same situation is happening with the left hand. It’s holding a mask and the mask and side of the hand will be glued to the ribbon. But if that can hold the weight, then I’m probably going to have to also drill a hole through the hand and the ribbon and put a wire through that. Then simply paint over it. Thankfully it’s not a game ender for the project. But I’m finding these issues closer to the end of the project. So hopefully nothing worse happens.

If there’s anyone on here that has a better idea for securing the figure to the ribbon, I’m all ears.

1 Like

Wish I had answers, but I’m simply sitting here in awe, with my mouth gaping open. There may or may not be a little astonished drool involved.

1 Like

This is so rad!

1 Like

I do apologise for the lack of posts, lately. Life gets in the way of progress sometimes. However, I’m not stopping the project by any means, but for now it’s small bits that I need to fix up, particularly the ribbon itself, and then it’s back on schedule!

1 Like

@Bunny1kenobi, one thing I can tell you that has definitely helped me make this, is counting how many parts to the human body, there are. If you take it piece by piece and understand how the human body moves and is put together, then all it takes is a little determination and patience. And this is the EXACT kind of thing that embodies the saying, “patience is a virtue”!

Alright, I now have some pics I’m happy with. It’s starting to get put together now. I still have a few masks to make. But I can add them as I go.

This platform will have dirt, rocks and fake grass to give it a forest feel. I will also be adding something to the open space where the bark is missing. I’m very happy with how this is turning out.

6 Likes

Wow! I’m glad you worked through the issues; it’s looking great!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

That’s pretty kewl!! Love that you document the progression!

1 Like

@chek, progression pics are the only way I feel justified putting it in the completed projects section. Lol. I’m glad you like it! I’m getting excited to finish it! And I gotta finish it soon, cause I’ve got a Christmas present to make my mom!

1 Like

Clay, I hope this doesn’t offend you, but my favorte picture is the one I pasted here from your post. I can almost smell the saw dust and shavings on your work table. I MISS it sooooh much! You are lucky you still have it and I hope you are getting as bigger thrill outta it, as I did. a work space

1 Like

@chek, no offense taken! Looking at the early pictures brings me back to the moments I took them. My personal favorite is the picture with just the shoes. They were the most intricate part of the entire piece, in my opinion. Everything else is merely simplistic pieces that I’ve jointed together. And they eventually became a human shape. It’s pretty cool how it just comes together, if you’re patient enough for it!

How about him holding some sort of cloth (maybe a banner, flag, or emblem on it) hanging down till it comes to a fine point. The point of course would be secured to the surface. Or maybe just a spear?
Or some sort of skateboard type thing. Could leave the wheels off.

1 Like

@chek, I would certainly consider those things, were they relevant to the theme, of the project. Perhaps, in another project I could do something to that effect. Heck, if you have an idea for a project that I could do, send me a private message. I’d be happy to make something for you (or at least attempt) and send it your way when it’s finished! Anything to help build my portfolio!

Uh oh…I must’ve done or said something wrong so better to just amend this reply and say that I admire your work.

1 Like

@chek, I do apologise for taking so long for a response. You did nothing wrong! I did like the work you showed me in the picture of the carriage. I’m quite impressed! And I can honestly say that what you can do, is not something I have any real skill in. I dabble in small amounts of woodwork, but not to that kind of scale. Color me jealous!