Zine swap COMPLETE (Send out Nov 6)

The first zine swap at Lettuce Craft!

And what is a zine? Well, it’s a small magazine or booklet. About what you might ask. You see, that is totally up to you! A zine can be almost whatever you want. It can be just photographs, drawings, full of text and information. It’s up to you to decide.

Link to the Wikipedia about zines; Zine - Wikipedia

Swap Details:

We will be sending:

1 zine (minizine made of one page is the minimum)

Since this is a papercraft swap there is no need for tracking numbers. But be ready to re-send if the item doesn’t arrive in the proper time.

This is a sender’s choice swap.
We will be sending a zine to two participants.

Swap name: Zine swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: skrutt
Sign-up date range: Oct 9- Oct 22
Send out Date: Nov 6

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Summary

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Questionnaire:
*Name of swap: Zine swap
*Lettuce Craft username:
*Email address:
*Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

*Are you at least 16 years old?
*Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
*Have you met the Participant Conditions?
*Are you able to post pictures here of what you receive?
*Are you aware that if a zine is lost in the mail, you are required to resend?
*Is there any theme you don’t want to receive (profanities/religious/etc)?
*Are you aware you need to send to two people?

8 Likes

If something is unclear, please let me know and I will gladly answer your questions! :slight_smile:

Participants;
@Abbeeroad
@endymion
@Jazzybelle
@megwell
@LovelyMiss
@Myrthena
@LindyBlues
@curiousfae
@Kwality570
@bluebird
@geekgirl
@thanate
@skrutt

3 Likes

Exciting!

I do have a couple questions. Sender’s choice just means the content of the zine is whatever we want? Not that we send to whoever we want, right? You will still tell us the two people we are sending to? If we are making photocopies, could we theoretically send to more than 2 people if we wanted to?

Thanks for clarification! I’m looking forward to this, even though I’m also still a little nervous about it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, thats exactly what it means. Content is up to the maker to decide, but you will be getting the addresses from me.
And yes, do a master zine and photocopy/print it, and then you can send/share with whoever you like. You can make and share like a Random Act of Kindness if you want. But I thought that sending to two participants would be good for a first try.

Im so glad you are asking and wanting to join! Im sure you will make something great!

5 Likes

That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

I love the idea of sending zines as a RAK!

I’ll start working on my Q. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Okay, do I understand correctly that we’re sending photocopies as the swap item? That is, the original will stay with the maker? Or are we making a distinct original zine for each partner (and then can photocopy and send those to extra people if we want)?

2 Likes

Interested…I’ve made some before - recipes and How-tos. Lemme think about this.

5 Likes

So, so, so excited about this one! I’m assuming we would send photocopies. To be able to re-send, we’d need to keep our master copy.

Question: Are we not supposed to start crafting the zine until sign-ups close? Just wondering how we would avoid sending content our partners might specify that they don’t want to receive. (Although really, my content would probably be unlikely to offend anybody anyway.)

Thanks for suggesting and hosting a zine swap, @skrutt! I’m bursting with ideas!

3 Likes

I’m so excited about this one! I love making zines, so this is right up my alley!

3 Likes

I’m going to sign up on Thursday or Friday when I have more time. So excited for this one! Thanks for organizing, skrutt!

4 Likes

That is a good question! If Im being honest, Im not sure how my brain was thinking, more than I wanted everyone to recieve good stuff, that arent offending to them.

And yes, please save your master copy! That was you can photocopy in the future if you want to give out your zine in a different forum.

So Im thinking if you know that your zine would be non-offending, start crafting!

3 Likes

@Smmarrt Yes, think about it and return all happy to join us! :wink:

@Jazzybelle Im so glad you are on board!

@LovelyMiss Ooh, how fun! Looking forward your sign-up!

5 Likes

Sent in my q! And I have an idea that I’m pretty sure won’t be offensive!

3 Likes

I usually scan & print batches of zines these days, which is better for image quality than running everything through a photocopier.

(now I am contemplating things to make…)

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about making zines for a while now! I’m excited about this swap!

3 Likes

Just a little notice from me, that I will be away a couple of days, so I might not be able to answer questions or pm. I will be back on sunday again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, I stopped by my local art supply store today. They have a small exhibition space there, and … well, let me just show you.

These are so inspiring! I was just blown away.
:heart_eyes: :exploding_head: :star_struck:

Also tagging some people who have posted zines on LC before. @spaceradish, @JoyfulClover, @photojenn, @PrincessP.

14 Likes

I am definitely interested in this. I make coloring book zines and I was going to make/remake one for Halloween.

5 Likes

Yay! I thought you might be interested in this swap. Details at the top.

We had a zine collection at our local library for a while, but the librarian who was managing it moved branches & took it with her.

1 Like