Zine swap COMPLETE (Send out Nov 6)

I sent in my questionnaire!

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am trying to come up with some theme ideas…so far nothing’s grabbing me. Anyone have any cool thoughts that aren’t spoilery for what they are sending? Hoping a collective brainstorm might lead somewhere and maybe help others too!

1 Like

I came across this and it had ideas I hadn’t seen anywhere else

2 Likes

and here’s a random generator

I got this prompt which is really weird and specific but making a fake diary would be cool. Like the diary of a book character or a peon from the 1600s

4 Likes

Ooo!! The diary idea is interesting… :thinking: I’m going to dive into an idea generating rabbit hole now. Thanks!

1 Like

I read that as “fake dictionary” which I absolutely LOVE!

a fake dictionary would be awesome

1 Like

Well, if plan A doesn’t work out, I may end up with a zine that typecasts dangerous plants or animals :rofl:.

2 Likes

I found a cool idea based on the method described in this video from YouTuber brattyxbre:

Basically, you put a bunch of random words (from a random word generator) in a hat, then take two out and try to connect them somehow. It worked for me!

3 Likes

Love the zine idea generators! :slight_smile:

Most of my ideas revolve around art or writing of some type… mini sketchbooks of various themes, inktober or the other various october drawing challenges, a comic, blackout poetry, or draw your day type art journal, art journaling. Also writing ideas like the comics, short story, those super super short stores (100 words exactly short stories), ficitional diary of someone from a certain theme (historical, dystopian etc.) If you have a hobby you enjoy like gardening you could write up something about gardening that would be fun to share about etc. Day in the life of my pet…

6 Likes

This sounds so fun. I too am going to research a bit (aka see you down that rabbit hole @Abbeeroad lol)

3 Likes

Signed up. :star_struck:

9 Likes

I stopped by the zine exhibit today and took some more pictures. (Somebody tell me if I’m posting too many!)

11 Likes

Ah! I love the Star Wars ones!! I was thinking of doing something in the genre but thought it wasn’t universal enough. :laughing:

So many different ideas! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Ack! So many fun ideas. For what it’s worth, in the past I’ve made zines with recipes (crispy crack, anyone?), how to make - a junk journal & stuffies, and my favorite - stuff on my desk. That one turned out very chunky IRL but the copies were fun.

But now I’m thinking a fan zine or the 100-word novel or two words and make them fit together…

4 Likes

I appreciate all the pics! They definitely spur the imagination and inspire some ideas.

4 Likes

Love all the pics! Thanks for sharing them. :slight_smile:

Star Wars sounds awesome to me! :smiley:

I also really love the things on my desk. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I played around with a couple of random papers tonight mostly just to get a feel for the size and the mechanics of the folding. And then I went totally off the rails decorating one (but it was really fun).

8 Likes

Oooh, that looks cool!

3 Likes

Awesome! I folded my paper and stared at the blankness for a while but that as far as I’ve gotten. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes