Zip pouches for teacher

Made for the Make a Pouch & Fill It swap. My partner’s a teacher and listed fave colours as teal, turquoise, purple, golden yellow. I thought this pencil print was a good match for all of that. I used Noodlehead’s free open-wide tutorial, it’s one of my faves. Easy enough to add a side pocket.

She said she likes paisley and while I couldn’t find exactly that, I do like the similar vibe of this mandala print in a nice turquoisy teal.

I like it when the inside of a pouch or pocket is a surprise, this bright painty print is so pretty.

Then an oversized pencil case that fits inside the bigger pouch.

More of that painty print inside.

You can never have enough zippered pouches, right?

16 Likes

These bags are fabulous! The prints are great and so is your stitching!

1 Like

The fabrics are gorgeous, and I love the coordinating zippers. I bet your partner loved these!

1 Like

I absolutely love your pouches! You made the Open Wide pattern before for me and I love them! They make the best project bags and the best throw 'em in your purse on the go bags.

The fabrics are all lovely. You have an eye for fabric coordination, that’s for sure.

1 Like

The thumbnail confused me, who is posting my pouch, was my first thought, then I thought, it’s probably Magpie with the same fabric (not quite but similar)

I’m going to have to try this style too.

2 Likes

I am sure teacher especially need zip pouches. The fabric is perfection!

2 Likes

It’s kind of weird to refer to a novelty print as “gorgeous” but that’s the only word I have for these exquisitely constructed pouches.

1 Like

Beautiful bags! The stitching is really well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pattern tutorial is exceptional good, everybody should try it at least once just to see how easy it is to sew. It really is such a functional bag with that fully openable feature.

Love that paisley and the surprise painterly fabric!

1 Like

Your stitching is perfect! These are both lovely and my heart goes pitty-pat for that teal!

1 Like