Zoom Craft Classes

We also have started a teacher sign up sheet. If you are interested in signing up to teach please reply to the thread below.

9 Likes

This is SO exciting!

1 Like

This sounds fun! Where do you get your super amazing charms?

Random question:
Will there be a new header added to the top of the page (where the open swaps, featured projects, etc are located) for open classes?

4 Likes

Short answer is: everywhere. I buy charms from many sources; some wholesale pewter vendors, some from eBay. Occasionally a few from Etsy, but only if I can’t find that exact charm elsewhere. I have no problem supporting Etsy sellers, but they tend to sell charms in low volume at higher prices than the wholesale places. Whenever I design a charm bracelet, I look for the exact right version of the charm I want, rather than the cheapest/easiest to get one. So as a result, my Harry Potter bracelets have owls that look just like Hedwig, rather than a generic 70’s looking owl.

Not sure. Neither Pam nor I have access to alter the site, so it would have to be something for @sweets4ever to do for us.

5 Likes

I love this idea and would definitely pay for taking classes.

2 Likes

And signups are officially open for our first class!

9 Likes

awww…I won’t be back home then…I will have to catch the next round!

1 Like

Sorry luv. We were trying to walk the fine line of keeping signups open long enough, having enough time for kits to arrive in the mail, and have the class still happen SOON while we have so much excitement and momentum going.

3 Likes

I assume there will be some sort of gallery showing off everyone’s work! I would be interested to see where people have problems or need some help…I know I am not good with making loops. Will kits be available even if you can’t take the class? Or will future classes use the same kits? Thinking out loud…

6 Likes

Well, I didn’t plan on making kits for people not signed up for the class, but I might be able to make something happen for you luv, since you spend so much of your time and resources sending out supplies to just about everyone on the site. But if we do a second session of the class, then yes, the same kit will be made available to that session. It would probably be repeated the following weekend if we need to hold another session.

5 Likes

Love this idea even if I totally missed the discussion until now. 🤦

I’ll have to brainstorm something teachable…

3 Likes

I’d pay for an instructional/tour of the machines you use, especially if that included suggestions on what to look for/avoid in that sort of machine. I am super interested in those but all the variables are baffling!

3 Likes

Oh that’s definitely doable! Mostly the lasers probably? And the software options, materials, etc. Nice idea. :grin:

4 Likes

$5 is dirt cheap for quality consulting!

3 Likes

I used to teach crafts at Joann Fabrics a few years ago and they charged $40 for every person who signed up and didn’t include any of the mandatory materials. $5 is a steal! I don’t have my act together enough to teach any classes at the moment but you can count me in as a participant!

4 Likes

I love this idea. I’d definitely pay $5 to support the site. I’d love to see a beginner crochet class. I’ve tried a million times to learn how.

4 Likes

I would love this! Ready for beaded sun catchers, or any other classes that come up! When do we sign up!!!

3 Likes

Signups are currently OPEN! Go to the thread below and you’ll find all the information.

2 Likes

I signed up! Thank You for being so thoughtful on the bead/charm options! I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Hey guys! Don’t forget to sign up for Mistress Jennie’s class! It is going to be awesome. Not to mention, it would be great for holiday and birthday presents! If you want in, please sign up ASAP.

2 Likes