Zoom Craft Classes

download

@MistressJennie came up with the most excellent idea and we want to get your opinion.
What about doing a small handful of Lettuce Craft Classes sprinkled throughout the year?

We’d come up with a small list of avid members who could teach a specific technique or item that could be accomplished online. For example, Mistress Jennie could do a Beaded Suncatcher Class. People who signed up would receive that list of supplies ahead of time, and could choose to buy them all themselves, or we could build a kit and the member could purchase it.

Then on the day of the class, they’d also receive a PDF of the step by step directions that they could print and follow along. We’d use the LC Zoom account, and the member could teach everyone how to make the craft live on camera. We’d record the zoom class, and it could be played back.

We could either do the classes entirely for free (much like kittykill’s Craftster Quickies), or we could charge a modest class fee of $5, that would go towards the site, to pay for swag/prizes or gift cards for challenge winners.

So…what do you think? Would you crafty peeps be up for that? Would you want to teach a class? Drop a comment and let us know!

29 Likes

I love this idea! I also would love to take the beaded suncatcher class if it ends up being an option! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want to sign up for a cooking class…lol…

4 Likes

I would love a cupcake or cake decorating class. A cooking class would be awesome too.

5 Likes

Oh, that would be even better…make cupcakes ahead of time and then decorate them and post the results!

…or not…lol…I have so many Pinterest fails in this area…lol

2 Likes

Sounds really fun! :slight_smile: I could probably volunteer to teach a very small felt applique hoop class.

10 Likes

That would be fun!

3 Likes

What a great idea! I’d be happy to join in, or maybe teach a little watercolour session or something :art:

7 Likes

Sign me up!!!

3 Likes

Hi from a long lost lurker. I’d happily pay to participate. While I am by no means the most skilled of crochet-ers, I could possibly teach a beginning crochet class if there were any interest.

10 Likes

Great to see you again!!!

4 Likes

While I’m always a fan of $Free I think a small fee for the class to help support the site is a great idea :heart: I also like the idea of a curated box of supplies.

I can’t always schedule free time for zoom/classes/whatnot so would the recorded version be available for anyone that couldn’t make the live version?

15 Likes

Yep-we would definitely have it recorded and have a list of past classes.

7 Likes

Online craft classes would rock!!
And I like the idea of making kits available, especially if it’s for a craft where I haven’t tried. It’ll save me the hassle of sourcing supplies when I have no clue about what I’m doing :crazy_face:

I would love to take classes in clay food miniatures, creating an art shrine, and some sort of altered art.

7 Likes

Brilliant, I’d love to join some of those classes too! Both live versions as well as recorded for future reference.

2 Likes

This is a fantastic idea! I took a beaded sun catcher class from Mistress Jennie. She is an amazing teacher.

4 Likes

I used the beaded suncatchers as an example, because I taught them at the Asheville Meetup, back in 2019. So I already have the Supply List and a PDF of step by step directions that I handed out to everyone who took my class. If enough folks like the idea of LC classes in general, then I will happily teach that one again. Plus I have so many beads and jewelry making supplies in my stash, I can easily put together very affordable kits. Here are the ones we made in Asheville. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Hi @Cyn-energy, lovely to see you!

3 Likes

This sounds like lots of fun!
And I would offer to host something but have suddenly forgotten everything I do!
I think $5 is a modest price to pay for such knowledge

8 Likes

I think it’s a brilliant idea. And if I can add a suggestion, perhaps we could suggest people who have skills we would like to learn, because I think a lot of people are fairly modest about their skills and wouldn’t necessarily put themselves forward.

11 Likes