2020 DeStash-Along

That fabric is magical!!! Beautiful sewing skills.

oooh, I’ve had this exact basket recipe pinned on my “want to do” list for aaaages. Maybe I’ll copycat and get it done this winter! Yours looks great! I love the color scheme you chose. Did you like the process? Would you make it again?

Fun and useful project! Bet we’ll see a lot more of these in the near future! :wink:

I just made Chicken tamale pie in mine this week and burned my hand!!! Definitely need to make these…plus, I think it would be easier to hang on to…cast iron is so heavy!! Thanks for the idea…and bright colors would mean I wouldn’t lose them in my sea of pale colored dishcloths!

Thank you! Yes, I would make another one…after my hands/arms recover from making this one. The combination of large object, tight stitches, holding two strands, and constantly monitoring tension in the rope was a bit tiring.

1 Like

WOW! Some cool projects! Some AMAZING (in different ways…) crafting spaces! I spend part of today putting away stuff from making this Krampus nutcracker (https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/krampus-nutcracker/2124?u=themistresst). The only thing that wasn’t stash for him was the nutcracker blank and some air dry clay. So YEY STASH! I kind of count the nutcracker blank as stash-busting, because if I had not gone ahead and done this even after the season was over, I would have had this guy in my stash for who knows how long! Stash Prevention?

And after seeing @Lynx’s fabric rope, I started in on some for myself! This was after the first night of sitting on couch watching The Repair Shop. I have about 3x that much now.

FabricTwine01

I think I’m going to hit up my xmas print stash and make some for gift wrapping next.

15 Likes

“Stash Prevention” is my new favorite thing lol

3 Likes

Your fabric rope looks so pretty!

1 Like

“Stash Prevention” is my new favorite thing lol

HAHA!

Thanks, @Lynx!

2 Likes

Nice stash busting!

I found a whole lot of polka dot fabrics that I want to use up…does anyone else get tired of the fabric that they have in their stash and just want it gone? I know in the past I used fabric that I no longer liked and made things like fabric bowls…I think I will also do some fabric rope…I found a styrofoam wreath form in my stash and could wrap and glue like a yarn wreath…

I am somewhat overwhelmed by everything I have seen on this site and just have to calm down and pick one or two and not a zillion…

8 Likes

We could probably all use more of that!

2 Likes

Yes! I am right there with you on that. I think I’m going to back away from the internet for the evening and pick up some yarn to work up a bit. (I think we all know that by “the evening” I mean “for hopefully more than 10 minutes, you lettuce addict”)

5 Likes

Yes! I get tired of it always being there and not really having a plan to use it up. I have 5 yds of polka dot fabric that I bought a long time ago when I was into 1950s dresses. I have since come to the understanding that my body doesn’t lend itself to the New Look silhouette, so I don’t know what to make out of it that won’t make me look like a clown. :clown_face: Ideas welcome!

Ugh, I also have a wreath form that I’m just not feelin’.

2 Likes

LOL :joy: Also guilty!

3 Likes

I wish I lived next door to you, I’d help you out! I’m really into polka dots this week.

I think fabric rope and fabric bowls sound like a great way to use them!

2 Likes

I had a bit of metallic crochet thread left from the days I used to make Christmas ornaments. I found a snowflake pattern but it was so full of mistakes that I ended up winging it badly…It will hang in the back of the tree, but at least I only have enough thread to use to tie up packages or something non-crafty…

And, in the spirit of honesty…I bought some more crochet thread thinking I would make a whole lot more of these, but, ugh…it was not fun and so I am taking it back and sticking to crocheting other things…

12 Likes

Ooh, that basket is so pretty! I love the colors :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My goals are

Finishing my old old projects, especially the ones that were nearly finished (I have a bad habit of starting new projects before finishing old ones). I have a herd of unicorns that just need paint and hair. :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

Use up some of my fabric. I have a few projects in mind, like a pillow,a wallet, and some towel dresses for example. Ooh and I recently learned how to make a kuspuk, I didn’t think I was ready to sew clothing from scratch, but my mom was really determined to make one. I ended up doing most of the sewing, but it turned out great! It was my first time using a surger, boy was it an expletive to figure out how to thread! :weary: so I hope to become more proficient with working with it.:grimacing:

My goal last year was to get more organized, so I hope to continue the progress. I put up a bunch of shelves, bought a bunch of storage bins, gathered up most of my craft supplies, but I still need a few baskets and bins to get things more orderly, and I haven’t quite gotten all my fabrics in one location.

I need to finish some woodworking and home repair projects that I either didn’t start or didn’t finish last year. Building stairs for the back door has been my biggest trepidation.

Edit. Oh and I forgot to include, I want to make fan art of some of my favorite movies and video games, lol :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Polka dot fabrics are great to use as the liner fabric for place mats and the like.

3 Likes

… or linings in purses and bags maybe…

2 Likes