2020 DeStash-Along

@Lynx every time I see this tote I love it more. You did a fantastic job.

3 Likes

@Lynx, I love seeing new life breathed into old quilts! I went to an antique store and all the quilts made me so sad, knowing how much love went into them only for people to discard them.

Yes! Using the good fabric FTW, @Edel! Cute pouch!

I made a basket (pattern) all from stash. The yarn in it is for my next crochet project.

19 Likes

I love that basket! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I donā€™t think I have the right sort of yarn in stash but Iā€™m going to squirrel it away for later just in case.

@Lynx that is gorgeous. I love the colour shading youā€™ve done.

I destashed some cotton today! I made pan handle covers for my cast iron skillets. They get really hot! The little pot holder is for when I need two hands to lift the pan. I am quite jazzed by them but they are going to be so dirty soon. image

11 Likes

Such lovely crochet things!

Youā€™ve reminded me to make a pan handle cover - great idea!

2 Likes

Do it Kirsten! To dangerous not to! (((Hugs)))

2 Likes

Thats so gorgeous!!

1 Like

That fabric is magical!!! Beautiful sewing skills.

oooh, Iā€™ve had this exact basket recipe pinned on my ā€œwant to doā€ list for aaaages. Maybe Iā€™ll copycat and get it done this winter! Yours looks great! I love the color scheme you chose. Did you like the process? Would you make it again?

Fun and useful project! Bet weā€™ll see a lot more of these in the near future! :wink:

I just made Chicken tamale pie in mine this week and burned my hand!!! Definitely need to make theseā€¦plus, I think it would be easier to hang on toā€¦cast iron is so heavy!! Thanks for the ideaā€¦and bright colors would mean I wouldnā€™t lose them in my sea of pale colored dishcloths!

Thank you! Yes, I would make another oneā€¦after my hands/arms recover from making this one. The combination of large object, tight stitches, holding two strands, and constantly monitoring tension in the rope was a bit tiring.

1 Like

WOW! Some cool projects! Some AMAZING (in different waysā€¦) crafting spaces! I spend part of today putting away stuff from making this Krampus nutcracker (https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/krampus-nutcracker/2124?u=themistresst). The only thing that wasnā€™t stash for him was the nutcracker blank and some air dry clay. So YEY STASH! I kind of count the nutcracker blank as stash-busting, because if I had not gone ahead and done this even after the season was over, I would have had this guy in my stash for who knows how long! Stash Prevention?

And after seeing @Lynxā€™s fabric rope, I started in on some for myself! This was after the first night of sitting on couch watching The Repair Shop. I have about 3x that much now.

FabricTwine01

I think Iā€™m going to hit up my xmas print stash and make some for gift wrapping next.

15 Likes

ā€œStash Preventionā€ is my new favorite thing lol

3 Likes

Your fabric rope looks so pretty!

1 Like

ā€œStash Preventionā€ is my new favorite thing lol

HAHA!

Thanks, @Lynx!

2 Likes

Nice stash busting!

I found a whole lot of polka dot fabrics that I want to use upā€¦does anyone else get tired of the fabric that they have in their stash and just want it gone? I know in the past I used fabric that I no longer liked and made things like fabric bowlsā€¦I think I will also do some fabric ropeā€¦I found a styrofoam wreath form in my stash and could wrap and glue like a yarn wreathā€¦

I am somewhat overwhelmed by everything I have seen on this site and just have to calm down and pick one or two and not a zillionā€¦

8 Likes

We could probably all use more of that!

2 Likes

Yes! I am right there with you on that. I think Iā€™m going to back away from the internet for the evening and pick up some yarn to work up a bit. (I think we all know that by ā€œthe eveningā€ I mean ā€œfor hopefully more than 10 minutes, you lettuce addictā€)

5 Likes