2020 DeStash-Along

Well I do have plenty of fabric…

3 Likes

fabric books are one of my favorite things!!!

2 Likes

Thought we could use a laugh today…

I broke my resolution not to buy new supplies, but I am doing the National Park Hats knitalong and just did not have yarn suitable. I bought enough to get me through about 4 months, so nothing excessive!

15 Likes

Hahaha! I need to craft that onto something!

2 Likes

What is the National Park Hats knitalong about?

1 Like

There is a hat every month based on a National Park. Proceeds from her sales go to support the parks. Here is more information on the first hat I knit. I did not have the yarn for January or March hats so I am a bit behind.

You can read more about it here:

2 Likes

A few years ago my work participated in a study about rhino hormones and hormone detection mostly centered around their poop. As a thank you the researchers sent all of us these little poo emoji stuffies. He has been sitting on the shelf over my toilet ever since. I decided we needed a bit more bathroom humor so I made him a little sign/stand. The sign is a old box I have horded for years (“it’s a good box, I can’t get rid of it” -me everytime I try to clean my craft space) covered in scrapbook paper and some scrap vinyl. Didn’t make a huge dent but I was very excited to use that box lol.

11 Likes

That’s hilarious :smile:

2 Likes

Very interesting shelf mounting system there!!

2 Likes

I have many such boxes that I just can’t toss!

Your project is hilarious and timely…never in our lifetimes has TP been the focus of many everyday conversations…I just hope my Amazon monthly delivery comes through by the end of the month!

1 Like

I love this shelf! It is one of the few projects I bought the supplies for and made all in the same week :joy:
I used this tute https://lollyjane.com/diy-turnbuckle-shelf/

4 Likes

I know! I never thought I would be worried that my TP order would be delayed. I get a lot of regular everyday things delivered because I hate shopping. So many people ordering delivery now has thrown off some of my regular boxes. Luckily TP wasn’t and my who gives a crap box arrived today :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hahaha! That is indeed a cool little shelf!

2 Likes

Not sure it qualifies as destashing, but I gave a friend mycotton leftovers Nd buad tape to make masks for her daughters in health care and pet care.

I also made 17 draw string bags for my students stuff that I delivered to homes so they can continue learning.
Forgot to take pics,but this is all loaded up.

10 Likes

We did an outside art lesson today and at the end we put several empty, almost empty and no-longer-useable bottles in the bin!

9 Likes

Definitely a destash! Sounds like you gave them more than just lessons…a bag that they can reuse and remember your caring and generosity!

3 Likes

Destashed probably five skeins of golden yellow acrylic yarn out of sheer boredom…

Question for my fellow destashers/organizers:

I have a whole lot of miscellaneous supplies that I need to organize in some way. For instance, I have styrofoam balls, misc, wooden pieces, ticket rolls, pipe cleaners, etc.

How do you organize these supplies that you don’t use everyday but would like to keep on hand? Where do you put them and how do you find them again?

I am open for suggestions…hunting for things I want is just horrible…

12 Likes

I am wondering the same. I have a drawer (and a half… ok, two) of miscellaneous stuff. It’s not the most efficient storage, as it’s taking space for other (categorised) stuff and probably could be better organised.

2 Likes

I have a closet with shelves going all the way across spaced around 12” apart. I have a couple different sizes of clear plastic bins that can stack. In the front of each bin I put an index card where I write what’s inside. The less frequently used bins go higher up or closer to the floor. For things that don’t fit in the bins, I place them on the highest shelves.

I have these cheap Sterilite bins. They’re great because they’re cheap, stackable, durable, and I can keep extras on hand and they don’t take up much space.

3 Likes

I think that sounds great…the key is probably getting the same type of container as you have…I have some in bins, some in boxes, some in baskets…my fabrics and papers are organized but only because I have them in the same type of bins…

Also, I don’t have one place to keep it all…some on shelves, some in drawers, some in closets…

I did buy a large shelving unit that I was thinking of using to keep everything like this in one place…I just have to figure out where it can go…

Thanks…I need to mull over this, maybe tomorrow!

3 Likes