2020 DeStash-Along

I was so nervous about our closing on our house that I did online shopping at 3 am…uhm, in my defense, I do have a specific quilt that I want to make for a friend…

Your doll dresses are so small and tiny…beautifully done…

Can’t wait to see this new way to use up those tiny scraps!

The trick is to start the project immediately when the supplies arrive - that way they never technically enter stash. But this assumes you have time to craft with a move on the horizon? Hope closing goes off without a hitch!

3 Likes

Already moved and set up my crafting before the house was sold…this was my house in PA…I am in my house in NC…I now have both the time and money to craft so I have no excuses for a stash to build up much more!!!

4 Likes

Haha! That’s a good trick!

I’m too embarrassed to post a picture of my supply dump craft room. But I did find fabric for the first two themes, polka dots and red hearts. Thanks for the inspiration - I’d forgotten how helpful I find creative prompts :grinning:

6 Likes

Everyone posting pics of their craft rooms/areas, just know that I really want to go to your house and organize everything. :smile: My fingers are itching. Must…organize… I totally would if any of you lived close to me! :rofl:

6 Likes

Aww! I hope you love it! All those cute little fat quarters are ready to transform into something awesome!

1 Like

Looks like I’m clear on the other side of the country. Somebody needs to let @LuckyXIIICreations’ itchy fingers get to work! :laughing:

1 Like

If you live where you don’t get snow, you can keep me for the winter. :wink:

2 Likes

Not very much snow, but bucketloads of rain!

Bring it.

8 Likes

My embroidery stash is organised-ish at least… The baggies keep it from becoming all tangled up.

10 Likes

I live at the beach…70-80 degrees…ha ha ha…organizing is not my issue…it is staying that way!!!

I decided to start my destash in my fabric scraps bin. I made a lot of fabric rope, and I have woven it into a this wreath. My next step will be to embellish it.

1 Like

My first finished destash is this Narwhal stuffy. My friend asked me to make it for her and I had yarn in the right weights and colours she liked. I also had the polyfill, just had to get some eyes. So it’s 99% stash… two little button eyes hardly even count right?

Now to make 49 more stuffies to use up the eye stash…

4 Likes

I also worked up a wee stuffie from stash. I had to improvise eyes as I have no eyeball stash- jealous! lol

1 Like

You made very nice eyes!!
In needle felting you often see eyes that have been created from the fiber instead of buttons, beads or actual glass/acrylic eyes. They can be just as effective and bring a lot of character to a piece! >^…^<

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Destash project for January - polka dots!

This is a pot holder I made today for my Aunty. All from stash. The scrap of giant cotton ricrac I used for a hanging loop is a bit big, but it was the only thing I had in a matching colour, so in the spirit of destashing, it’ll do just fine :seedling:

17 Likes

That is really cute.

1 Like

Ohhh I really, really like that!
I am thinking I could modify a pocket on the back to make it a pot holder? I need new ones of those. The kids are always ruining them, they are messy cooks! Do I want them destroying my beautiful new hand made leafy beauties a la @jemimah? Maybe not. But I could choose dark colours, right?

2 Likes