2020 DeStash-Along

Thank you!

2 Likes

Did your crochet hammock work? I have seen them in kids rooms to hold stuffies…it looks like you have the right shape…let us know!

2 Likes

Will do! As soon as I can find/get hooks for it. I swear I had some around here already… :
:roll_eyes:

Update: I set it just with tape to see what it would look like where i want it and it might actually work, just not for the quantity of stuffies i had hoped to house there. Here it is modeled by the lightest friend i could find: Sloth Lovey:

8 Likes

Well done for only buying what you needed!

Very cute sloth! Maybe you could try another one at some stage with a different triangle shape and hang it higher for the toys used less frequently?

3 Likes

Oh I think it will hold a lot more than you think! Those kind of things stretch a ridiculous amount…your kid will want to fill it full of stuffies!

1 Like

I have to confess to you all, I did buy a small packet of washi tape…

but everything else is stash! In progress today…

13 Likes

Those are beautifullllllllllll. I love the color scheme you chose!

That’s a good idea, thanks!

That’s my hope! I want to hang it low enough that she can pick out and put back (ha!) friends as she wants them and doesn’t always need a tall human to get things for her in her own room. :slight_smile:
(Just got to keep her from trying to climb into it herself haha! Currently she piles them all into an old fashioned cradle that she fits in with them and rocks it while “reading” books. (She’s 16 months)

10 Likes

That’s a good idea. Double-decker stuffies.

Excellent!! And great sayings/quotes too!!

Thank you all for being so inspiring! I have been browsing this thread and adoring the projects.
I found some prequilted tree skirt panels in my stash, enough matching pairs to make a dozen circular xmas tree skirts that have been donated to an area mission and veterans.
And my car found its way to Joann’s, and while there I found some cute vintage themed fabric. Not sure yet what that fabric will turn into, but it makes me happy to see it.

4 Likes

I love happy inducing supplies! I also love when our cars just know when we need a visit to our friendly neighborhood supply source. :slight_smile:

Happy crafting!

2 Likes

This fellow lettuce head appreciates you sharing with her!

2 Likes

I love seeing all the things!! The animal hammock is so cool, and the sunglasses case looks great!

That is great! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

She’s being a good mom to her stuffed animal friends, reading to them!! (Love the elephant).

3 Likes

That’s such a sweet pic

2 Likes

@aimr and I both got to destash when I made Sunset Fabric Woven Wreath!

She sent me a bunch of reds to help me make this!

14 Likes

The February theme is “Hearts” and I had a bit of lace to destash…I used to make wedding gowns and also dance costumes for young girls learning traditional Panamanian folk dancing so I have tons of lace…but, hey, I used up a bit!

16 Likes