2020 DeStash-Along

ETA: I went to Michaels to get ONE skein of yarn that I ran out of. I spent $56.00! How’d that happen??

6 Likes

A true miracle that you got out under 100 dollars! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Used about 1/2 a yard of a 2 yard piece of stash fabric to make bias tape! And most of this bias tape will be swiftly incorporated into another finished project. WOO!

7 Likes

What a good idea! I have some holiday fabric that I am just tired of…bias tape and twine should use up a lot of it!..maybe even a few fabric bowls…out with the old so I can get some new …

2 Likes

I’d love to see what you make!

Another stash project! Someone’s spilling the cookies off the cookie sheet!

Stash: craft wood, spray paints, polymer clay, craft paints, shiny glaze.

11 Likes

They look good enough to eat!

1 Like

Haha! When they were just tan colored circles, ready to be baked, TheMisterT asked if I was making fake aspirin!

3 Likes

I am using up odd little things from my stash…I have pared down a few things in the category of “Crafts I am no longer interested in”…jewelry making is one of those crafts…so, I am going to use up what I have left, keep some supplies for embellishments for fabric journals, prayer flags, etc. and then donate the rest…

I made a couple of bracelets to go with my new obsession…recycled sari skirts…made from scraps of leather, ball chain, thread and buttons…easy peasy…

8 Likes

A tiny bit of scrap and yarn destashing. Just some teaser pics

Teaser3 Teaser2 teaser1

7 Likes

Not much stash busted, but this wee rolling pin is all stash anyway. :wink:

RollingPin

11 Likes

My mice are very interested in your rolling pin!

4 Likes

EDITED: CLAIMED!

You guys, I was trying to help a friend who was selling her stash to get some fast cash. I thought I was buying two hanks but it was for six! I started making a reading shawl but the yarn is 100% wool and a bit stiff for crochet. Then I tried a Mostly Harmless Shawl and it just did not drape well…

I really don’t want to make an afghan since I have too many…any ideas? If not, is there someone here who would want this yarn to make something? It is nearly 1400 yards…and as I said, 100% wool Cherry Tree Hill worsted and hand dyed.

I would be happy to ship it off if you will use it!

2 Likes

Will the yarn soften after a nice conditioning soak? I had to do that with a knitted shawl and it did wonders.

It isn’t just the drape…the runs are short and when I did the shawl pattern, the color pooling is not to my liking…I think it is intended to be be rectangular…I really have way too many shawls and cowls to wear in this warm climate…Someone has asked for the yarn and will give it a better use than me!

2 Likes

I used up some of the wool…made a felted bowl! It didn’t shrink down as much as I wanted, so I will probably try again tomorrow with hotter water and more agitation.

Crochet, before felting:

After felting:

12 Likes

ooh, I like what the felting did to the color transitions.

2 Likes

I destashed 9 skeins of Yarn Bee Sugarwheel yarn

I still have a looong way to go. And 3 large totes of yarn to get through.

9 Likes

wow–that is striking!

1 Like

Your color combo is great! Reminds me of summer.

1 Like