2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong

This is Benny. He’s pretty helpful.
Benny is a needlefelted needle minder. He’s is stands at 2 in tall and can hold up to 8 needles without complaining.

11 Likes

hey roler, role.

Ha! No! These were not just made today. We wanted to do something happy and positive right now. And thought this would be a fun craftalong - to invite others to play? Maybe be inspired? (Or distracted?)

If you make one, you can put the Monster Jam sticker on your post!! We can all play!

(And yes, I think @Magpie is sharing both new and older projects.)

5 Likes

I for sure did not draft a paper piecing pattern and sew 2 cushions from it in a day, even I’m not that good! :smile:

Like last month’s mushrooms, I’m posting a combo of new and old projects. The ones at the last site seem lost to the ages which is so sad. I figured I would take the mod’s invitation to move them over here with all of us so they don’t get lonely.

7 Likes

Oh, sweet! I’ll add a few old monster projects this evening then! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

… EXCELLENT! … :smiley:

5 Likes

Um. TOTALLY!

:dragon_face:

4 Likes

Okay, I dug up a bunch of my old monster projects from Craftster and linked them over here! :slight_smile: It’s fun to look back at old things I sent away for swaps; I’d totally forgotten about some of them!

Did I post these correctly? I’m not sure how to add the craftalong link back at the end of the post that some of you have been sharing with your monsters.

6 Likes

And here are a few more random monsters I’ve made over the years! :slight_smile:

Frank2

Which Frankie do you prefer? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I loooove medieval manuscript style monsters. This one’s a gryphon.

Cookie
Of course he’s a monster!! It’s in his name, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Oh, Cookie! I love Cookie Monster!

4 Likes

Hey roler!

So first…these make me happy! I will comment individually, but just seeing these come back? I remember seeing them! And you inspired me to make my own! Gah! These are GREAT Monster Jams!

Okay, you do not have to, but here is how to add the sticker:

1. Download the 2020 Monster Jam sticker
  2. Copy the url from this Monster Jam thread at top
  3. Navigate to one of your new posts
  4. Select edit (to edit the post)
  5. Scroll to where you want the sticker
  6. Drag and drop the sticker into place
  7. Adjust the size to 150 x 150 (this is in the sticker formatting after it loads)
  8. Type up some happy comments referring people to Monster Jam - have fun with it!
  9. Highlight your happy Monster Jam text call to action (make sure not to delete!)
  10. In the text tool box, the 5th icon should be 2 chain ‘links’, click that
  11. A new modal will pop up. It will ask what url you want the words to link to. Click in the url box, and paste the Monster Jam crafting from step 2 above.
  12. Select OK
  13. Confirm you like what you made. Does the click take the user here? If no, go back and fix. If yes,
  14. Save edited post. Pat yourself on the back! Ya done good!

Since you have multiple Jam posts, here are extra steps:

1. Now, highlight from the text to the monster jam image IN IT’S ENTIRETY, and copy.
  2. Navigate to the next post
  3. Edit
  4. Scroll to where you want text and image
  5. Paste the whole caboodle
  6. Confirm you haven’t lost anything (text right, links work, etc)
  7. Save edit

The link will have been added to the code, so you can just copy the whole piece to repaste in each of your Monster Jam posts!

Let me know if you have any questions!! I’m so excited you came hard to jam!! Dannnnggggg!!!

3 Likes

I’m loving your additions! My favorite is the mailbox monster. I remember loving that one when I first saw it on the other site too. :slight_smile: Great things never go out of style.

5 Likes

I made a pincushion for @Ludi based on a Japanese monster demon!

123133_24Sep13_Kabuki_1

10 Likes

That is amazing! How utterly terrifying, wow. Glowing eyes, horns and fangs! What did you tint the scales (?) with?
I hope you’ll give it it’s own post!

5 Likes

That is frighteningly cool!

3 Likes

I can’t decide between the two Franks. Round or square, Hmmm. Both are great and have their cool spots. Loving seeing Cookie Monster make an appearance here!

3 Likes

Woah! When did you make this?? How did you get the shadowing??? It looks like felt, and wee felt is a beast to work with! How did you make him!!??

grabby hands

3 Likes

Which Frankie do you prefer? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t want to pick!

2 Likes

It is a pincushion made of a mayo jar lid as the base. I embroidered him on cotton and stuffed the back a bit to give him the bumps then attached him to black felt, red felt, and then the top of the pincushion. The shadowing is done with crayon. The teeth are done in metallic yarn.

Monsters are fun to make, but they can give you the creeps when they are on the spooky side!

4 Likes

This is BRILLIANT!!! I would not have thought to use a crayon/pencil/marker! But it gives it great layering. The color is so subtle!

:heartbeat:

4 Likes

@bethntim, post your excellent monster here!

4 Likes