2020 Nutcracker Along! ANY media, ANY theme, ANY size!

I was not planning on using my candy staff. I can mail you mine if you want it?

Aren’t you sweet! But I wasn’t going to use mine, either, so it can go to a project that really needs it. :upside_down_face: THANKS for thinking of me!

1 Like

I painted up a pastel nutcracker last year! I’m totally excited to do this. Might start with a little watercolor painting first? Might have to order a blank to paint another this year. I’d love to have a nutcracker army!

3 Likes

Oooo, @ErinAquaheart! A little watercolor nutcracker sounds cool!

I seem to recall…did you post the pastel nutcracker it on Reddit?

Oh hey! It’s right here! Look at all the cute details!

2 Likes

Yes I did post it on reddit. @JoyfulClover I haven’t been in the reddit tread since.

1 Like

Oh, she deleted it, but I was pretty sure I remembered seeing it, because it was such a fresh take on a classic character! I hope you can find photos and reshare it!

It’s on here, too! My last comment has the link!

1 Like

I have added a bunch of cool nutcrackers to the pinboard!

Annnnnnd, I probably ended up buying this guy to add to my kookie turkeys that I put out in November.

5 Likes

Anyone have any Nutcracker Experiences this week? I haven’t had time to sit down to work on mine, but I did spend a few minutes digging through various bins of bits and bobs that might become part of mine.

1 Like

YES! I found the pattern I want to use and I should have all the supplies I need to get started

1 Like

Ooo! Coooool! I just might be able to get a little time in on mine later this week. [waggles eyebrows]

IN the meantime, I’ve added tons to the Pinterest board, because of course, now my feed is filling up with nutcrackers.

1 Like

I figured out why my nutcracker didn’t print right and fixed the 3D printer.
Meanwhile, I’ve learned a lot about designing 3D items, and maybe I’ll create an all new 'cracker.

3 Likes

My nutcracker has feet, that’s progress right???

2 Likes

Ooooo! Coooooool, @steiconi! Can’t wait to see.

@bethntim Yer goldurn right, that’s progress! CUTIE!

Hobby lobby has 12 inch unfinished nutcrackers (in store) for $5

2 Likes

I have a whole bunch of nutcracker pieces waiting to be sewn together

3 Likes

HOLY MOLY, @bethntim! You’re so quick, you’re making me feel like that guy looks in that pic! He looks like he is going to be AWESOMEST!

1 Like

I wanted to get cracking on this (HA!) because I have a second part of this that’s even bigger and better but it makes me a little nervous, lots of pieces and rather intricate. Hopefully I can get it done as quick as I did this one