2020 Nutcracker Along! ANY media, ANY theme, ANY size!

I think I have decided on what I might want to mod mine to, but since I can’t start till Nov-ish, I’ve got time to roll it around.

@TheMistressT - I cant believe both came in, broken in the same place. So frustrating! Grr!

Oh, I can believe it! It was the little stick part of the “candy staff” right above the “hand” which was not supported by packing material at all. The first was packed way better and less broken. I had always planned to remove them anyway, but c’mon! A little bit of training and about 7 extra seconds when packing it would solve this.

I was not planning on using my candy staff. I can mail you mine if you want it?

Aren’t you sweet! But I wasn’t going to use mine, either, so it can go to a project that really needs it. :upside_down_face: THANKS for thinking of me!

1 Like

I painted up a pastel nutcracker last year! I’m totally excited to do this. Might start with a little watercolor painting first? Might have to order a blank to paint another this year. I’d love to have a nutcracker army!

3 Likes

Oooo, @ErinAquaheart! A little watercolor nutcracker sounds cool!

I seem to recall…did you post the pastel nutcracker it on Reddit?

Oh hey! It’s right here! Look at all the cute details!

2 Likes

Yes I did post it on reddit. @JoyfulClover I haven’t been in the reddit tread since.

1 Like

Oh, she deleted it, but I was pretty sure I remembered seeing it, because it was such a fresh take on a classic character! I hope you can find photos and reshare it!

It’s on here, too! My last comment has the link!

1 Like

I have added a bunch of cool nutcrackers to the pinboard!

Annnnnnd, I probably ended up buying this guy to add to my kookie turkeys that I put out in November.

5 Likes

Anyone have any Nutcracker Experiences this week? I haven’t had time to sit down to work on mine, but I did spend a few minutes digging through various bins of bits and bobs that might become part of mine.

1 Like

YES! I found the pattern I want to use and I should have all the supplies I need to get started

1 Like

Ooo! Coooool! I just might be able to get a little time in on mine later this week. [waggles eyebrows]

IN the meantime, I’ve added tons to the Pinterest board, because of course, now my feed is filling up with nutcrackers.

1 Like

I figured out why my nutcracker didn’t print right and fixed the 3D printer.
Meanwhile, I’ve learned a lot about designing 3D items, and maybe I’ll create an all new 'cracker.

3 Likes

My nutcracker has feet, that’s progress right???

2 Likes

Ooooo! Coooooool, @steiconi! Can’t wait to see.

@bethntim Yer goldurn right, that’s progress! CUTIE!

Hobby lobby has 12 inch unfinished nutcrackers (in store) for $5

2 Likes

I have a whole bunch of nutcracker pieces waiting to be sewn together

3 Likes