2021 DeStash-Along

I just went down a whole new rabbit hole…wow…and the simple tools used…I can see many new projects here…wow…

1 Like

Right? I was thinking of you, and of course Laura with your Operation Use Up Yarn project too of course :smile:.
Seems like a great way to make cute little accessories for all sorts of things. The end of hat ties, zipper pulls, to finish a sweater tie or put onto the point of a shawl, add fringe to make a tassel, decorate a bag, wreath, hooplah, bunting, garland, ornaments, lamp pull, like I can think of so many things to use those on!

I gave away 3 of my new Operation Use Up Yarn scarves, my hat, and 3 of the beanies from my stash today!

6 Likes

I spent January and February working on this dress. I bought the fabric a couple of years ago. I haven’t hemmed the dress yet because, while I can get it on my body and even zip & button it up, I need to lose some weight for it to really sit right. I’ll hem it and do a proper post then. But I wanted to show that I destashed something!

11 Likes

And then there were 6 Pumpkin Bears!

10 Likes

Love those sleeves.

1 Like

Wow, your dress looks incredible!

1 Like

February: I did a Bat Creature for the House spouse. I was able to get her away from him long enough to take some pictures of her.

12 Likes

Oh, so creepy cute. This makes me like bats!

1 Like

Wonderful!!

1 Like

As a nature conservationist, my job is done then. Mission Accomplished!

1 Like

Those eyes are amazing!

1 Like

It’s actually the only thing he picked, he had no idea what I was doing, he said they remind him of my eyes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Eeppp love that nose!

1 Like

March Themes

Colorful sewing thread by Marco Verch Professional Photographer, on Flickr

Color: Green
Pattern: Argyle
For: Charity. Feel free to post links to your favorite crafty cause in the thread.
Challenge: Unfinished objects. Everybody has them, so don’t feel bad. It could be a project you stalled on half-way through eight years ago, or something you finished last month that just needs threads clipped. Either way, it’s a great feeling to finally finish them up.

8 Likes

Great prompts!
I’m pleased with my February crafty achievements. All from stash I did the yoga socks, a baby blanket, a bunch of wee hearts, a bowl, and a Fair Isle hat. Not too bad for someone who was having a hard time getting a wash cloth made up in a month this time last year!

Thanks for the motivation!

3 Likes

Thank you @bananaleg and @thanate!

Those sleeve details are beautiful!

I have been hesitant to cut into some of my clothing fabrics because I know I have gained weight and won’t want to wear them or fit them properly…I don’t want to be upset if I make something then have to wait months to wear! lol

My doctor gave me four months to lose some weight, and so far in February, I have not! I should put the fabric on a hanger on the fridge…

2 Likes

It’s hard, isn’t it? Good luck to you and me, both!!

1 Like

@AIMR this is exactly why I have a sweater’s worth of yarn sitting in stash that I just can’t bring myself to cast on. :roll_eyes: The struggle is real!