2022 Destash-Along

I decided to do a craft supply no-buy from Oct-Dec, but my brain is NOT HAVING IT. It has decided we need to spiral about everything we’re going to run out of. Not exactly the grateful focus on what I already have that I was going for.

6 Likes

Brains! What a bunch of jerks.

4 Likes

I don’t think most of those yarns have enough stretch. I do need to find projects for the yarns…I have enough plant cozies…I do like to use them for small pouches that I line with fabric…they are sturdy…I saved my sari yarn for art projects…I did pass some on to a friend who has made some awesome things (@MistressJennie …she made the coolest candlemats!

1 Like

Lovely!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a corduroy bag before! Right up my alley, since I totally love corduroy pants!

I made a mug rug for the equinox contest… and all from stash on a whim. wee!

6 Likes

My entry for the Craft the Equinox Challenge was also all stash! WOO! Used up some chipboard shapes even.

2 Likes

I have a fairly large stash of Spoonflower fat quarters and samples. I just like the fabric design but struggle to find projects to use them up. I have been making pouches for the women’s shelter.

Enter, YouTube Videos…there are so many projects now that are popping up for free! I have saved a few of them so they will help me reduce my stash of these smaller pieces.

Here is a basket that I made using one of the video tutorials. It was very fast and easy. Of course, I picked a one way directional mushroom fabric, so I split it so the mushrooms would all be right way up. The lining is also a Spoonflower fabric since it does show a lot in the little pockets. I am not sure how practical the pockets are…the aren’t very deep but the shape holds things in pretty well.

10 Likes

Neat! Great combination of fabrics. Maybe the pockets could be for spools of thread? Tins of Altoids! :wink:

I have a sea life themed guest bedroom…I think I will put a box of tissues, a pen, and bottle of water , other goodies in and put it on the nightstand. Give the guest the option of taking it home…

3 Likes

This is great! I pass on a lot of great fat quarters, because I don’t have many ideas for making things I will actually use. Now I’ll probably look on YouTube!

3 Likes

This is a really sweet idea for your guests and a nice basket.

@TheMistressT - at least you pass on fat quarters…

1 Like

… and buy a yard. sometimes

3 Likes

For many this is already garbage but I’ve been hoarding it, carefully sorted, as a precious crafting supply for years, lol.

Don’t worry, I have so much more. These are just the shredlings.

7 Likes

I have one of those…it is precious.

I have one, too. :joy:

Let me be clear, that’s going in the trash.
We just dropped a trunkload of stuff off at the donation centre and it included a stack of fabric too. I am making SPACE!

7 Likes

Such fortitude! Proud of you.

Noooooooooo…yes kidding…I am having to balance between keeping everything and making little or getting rid of stuff and making more of what I really want…but, I still can’t throw this away…YET…

10 Likes

Ya, my stash of that is definately not in the throw away pile. I am a sucker for thread ends, my obsession is ridiculous, as you well know!

2 Likes

I make art with my thread ends!
Yarn Scraps Photographs/Designs

3 Likes