2022 Destash-Along

@marionberries That quilt is the cat’s pajamas!

I did another couple projects that relied on stash. The first, 100% stash!

This one is mostly stash. I did buy the files for the tarot and printed them at the office store. But the rest was stash.

6 Likes

The wee house! Swoon

1 Like

Questions:

Aged glitter glue and glitter paint that has completely separated- junk?
How long does Puffy paint last in the container?
Do the dried trays of water color paints “expire” or because they’re dry do they last forever?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

2 Likes

Not sure about the first two but dried watercolor paint lasts forever. I actually squeeze some of my wet tube watercolors onto my palette and let them dry completely before using.

4 Likes

I just added more fresh glue to my glitter glue and was able to use it.

Dried up acrylic paint is probably toast. I have tried adding water and shaking it up with not so good results.

Like Jenn said…watercolors last forever. Just add water.

2 Likes

The green challenge got me inspired to use a piece of broken Christmas tree to make a wreath.

Husband: “where did that come from?”
Me: “it broke off the Christmas tree a few years ago”
H: “and you kept it in your room for years?”
M: “here is a wreath!!”
H: “cool”

I described my construction process in its own post and aside from the bead garland, which I got from the op shop, it was all from stash (or in the case of the coathanger, the house).

5 Likes

Your wreath is so good!

1 Like

Thanks! As tedious as all that wrapping was, I really love the twine look and am so glad I didn’t cover it anymore than I did.

I am also quite impressed that 3 of the 4 pairs of unused plane socks we got when travelling in August are already gone from my stash! Were they even stash?!?!

:rofl: We’ll never know. :thinking:

1 Like

This wreath is made with stash and “trash”! Wreath form, ribbon, wire, glue, and dies were all stuff on hand and the pine cones and sprigs are cut from beverage cans.

6 Likes

This is so lovely in so many ways! Love that perfect colored ribbon…gives the whole wreath a “frosty” appearance.

Are the edges of the cut outs sharp? I have made a few things out of cans and have been cut a few times.

1 Like

This was all stash:

Fulled wool cardigan
Super old moth proof weaving yarn (so probably toxic, heh…)
Fiberfill, either thrifted or from sacrificed thrift shop stuffies
Lavender
One of my worn holey socks
Some sewing thread

I don’t mind the potentially toxic yarn since it’s a small amount and it’s not anything that will be washed and get into the environment. It’ll just protect my yarn stash and make me happy when I see it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Logging into LC for the first time since… February? It has been so long - I have so much to catch up on! I’m so glad to see the DeStash Thread going strong and I’m hoping I’ll have something to add before too long.

10 Likes

Hey, hey!! Welcome back! We have missed you!

I hope coming back means tiny dresses!

Since that’s about all I’ve managed to make this year, there will definitely be some tiny dresses. I’ll try to come up with a representative sampling. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

YEY! You’re here! Can’t wait to see the tiny fashion show!

1 Like

Hey-oh! I wanted to give Trillian the chance to take back this craftalong if she wants to, so sent her a PM late last week. If she’s not interested, I will start up 2023 at the end of the week. That said, don’t hold back on bustin’ your stashes in the meantime!

4 Likes

Just about all of my projects for 2023 will be from stash!

1 Like

That’s awesome! My first project of 2023 is all stash, too.

2 Likes

I’m still running my numbers for 2022. I was doing pretty well on a low-buy until the very end when a misunderstanding of how many of a particular item I was supposed to make and a miscalculation of how much fabric said items would take added at least 6 yards to stash. That’s going to take a while to recover from…

I thought I’d pop in with some of my stash projects from the last couple weeks of the year.

First up, some bibs for my mom. It was hard to find anything in stash to make these with, since I go for small scale fabrics in small cuts. But there were a couple suitable options lingering in the corners.

Starting out with some more scarflike bibs since I thought those would be easier for her to manipulate with her limited dexterity:

She didn’t really like that so I tried another version. She had some other modifications she wanted, but I had to go with new fabric for the others (and acquired way too much in the process)

On a brighter note, my good friend @katiebread got me into fountain pens in the second half of the year and requested a pen roll to hold her collection. I had to pick up some flannel for the interior but I was so happy to finally be able to use the outer fabric. I’d been saving it for something special.

10 Likes