2022 Destash-Along

They are very cool, although my cat would probably choose NOT to sit in it if I made one.

Hehe. Cats, man. Hopefully because most of these cats haven’t even met me they can be trapped!

8 Likes

Using some stash cotton to make some random baubles…thought I used up my stash of this size styrofoam balls, but then I found another entire bin of them! I would love a whole bunch of these to make a sort of bauble bunting!

11 Likes

Love these!

1 Like

Oh cute! Are they easy to make?

Very easy! And since all the ends will be inside, no weaving required!

5 Likes

If you’re looking for another inspiration to bust some stash before the end of the year, consider making something for the Green Holiday “Greens” Challenge!

3 Likes

I’ve been playing a ‘busting game, sort of my own (lame, adulty) advent calendar. Haha. I’m mending a thing-a-day for December and so far i’m 5/5! Less mending pile space means more yarn space, right? Haha j/k.

7 Likes

I didn’t make a lot of xmas gifts this year, but I did make some and mostly I’m waiting to post, because they include gifts for people who might be on LC. Even though the goal wasn’t stash busting when I decided to make these things, they ended up being all or mostly stash!

Even the calendar printables are stash from the files I bought last year that also came with 2023!

Book for my bestie to put her collection of dog photos into.
PamDogPhotoBook01

PamDogPhotoBook02

Gift boxes, envelopes, tag made from all stash.
GirlsXmas2022-02

SallyTom2022

BethTag

I hope to wrap up one more gift made from stash today.

9 Likes

All of your packaging and tags are gifts themselves! Love the calendars!

2 Likes

Awww, thank you! I try not to wonder which things get immediately tossed and which get saved or displayed for a little while.

1 Like

@TheMistressT wonderful fun boxes, so cheery. I do love a good box.

I finished my scrappy quilt and mailed it off this morning. It was all from stash. It did reduce the scraps a bit, but not by as much as I had hoped. Or do they breed at night?

5 Likes

@marionberries That quilt is the cat’s pajamas!

I did another couple projects that relied on stash. The first, 100% stash!

This one is mostly stash. I did buy the files for the tarot and printed them at the office store. But the rest was stash.

6 Likes

The wee house! Swoon

1 Like

Questions:

Aged glitter glue and glitter paint that has completely separated- junk?
How long does Puffy paint last in the container?
Do the dried trays of water color paints “expire” or because they’re dry do they last forever?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

2 Likes

Not sure about the first two but dried watercolor paint lasts forever. I actually squeeze some of my wet tube watercolors onto my palette and let them dry completely before using.

4 Likes

I just added more fresh glue to my glitter glue and was able to use it.

Dried up acrylic paint is probably toast. I have tried adding water and shaking it up with not so good results.

Like Jenn said…watercolors last forever. Just add water.

2 Likes

The green challenge got me inspired to use a piece of broken Christmas tree to make a wreath.

Husband: “where did that come from?”
Me: “it broke off the Christmas tree a few years ago”
H: “and you kept it in your room for years?”
M: “here is a wreath!!”
H: “cool”

I described my construction process in its own post and aside from the bead garland, which I got from the op shop, it was all from stash (or in the case of the coathanger, the house).

5 Likes

Your wreath is so good!

1 Like

Thanks! As tedious as all that wrapping was, I really love the twine look and am so glad I didn’t cover it anymore than I did.

I am also quite impressed that 3 of the 4 pairs of unused plane socks we got when travelling in August are already gone from my stash! Were they even stash?!?!