I was inspired by the green challenge to pull out the piece of broken Christmas tree that I had kept for at least 5 years (with the very intent) to make a wreath for our front door.
I went op shopping and came across some aqua/mint and some silver bead garlands on the Christmas decoration table, so I went hunting in our spare/odd bauble box to find some coordinating colours. I then pulled out my random fabrics (remnants, clothing, etc) and found a bunch of cool stuff. The organza is more of a dark raspberry colour.
For the wreath form I used a wire coathanger and pulled it to shape and cut the ends off some tan plane socks to add some bulk and wrapped twine all over.
The more I wrapped, the more I liked its simplicity, so I decided not to add all my coordinating fabric finds.
Once I’d wrapped almost a whole ball of twine it was done (or maybe I was done) and I then added one strand of the aqua beads around and the baubles with hot glue. I think I will think about creating some coordinating decor for next year with those fabrics because I loved the colours and the texture mix.